Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't care, I'm happy to say it...

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
Loved his whole-hearted attitude.

Yeah, it might have frightened a few (quite funny that it did, actually) that he looked like he was going to give away penalties, but it was never that many, and bloody good fun to watch the opposition player being roughed-up. Also his theatricals could be a little swan-like, but I don't care.

He was (no, sod it - 'is') one of us. Never cheated the shirt, never shirked, always in the middle of it. Even wanted to give the ref some lip after the Bournemouth game before Captain Calderon told him to sling his hook.

As for that left-footed 25-yard beauty against Leyton Orient...

That Leyton Orient game was my first Brighton match so Adam has always been a huge part of my love of the Albion, he's the last player left from that squad (I think) and I'm going to be gutted if he goes

Adam El-Abd: Albion legend :albion:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I will be gutted if he goes. Gutted.

The transformation under Poyet, the local pride, the time for fans.

I think it's sadder than when Gary Hart became surplus to requirements.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The biggest transformation of a player I have ever seen, from ruddy crap to very competent.

As I predicted at the time, despite much derision.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That injury at St.Mary's right in front of us, was fcking HORRENDOUS. He proved his double-hard-bstard credentials right there by not needing oxygen. He was back playing amazingly in about two weeks.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Aside from the obvious ones (Speroni flailing, Buckley v Doncaster), I think the Lambert red card is my favourite Falmer moment so far. And it was all down to AEA!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Adam El Abd has been one of my favourite Albion players of the past 10 years. For all sorts of reasons. He will be sorely missed.

I think this is the injury people have been referring to...

Adam El Abd injured leg Southampton Nov 2010.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Agreed. And I am suprised a Championship is not interested if hes available.

Even if Barnsley are - as they were in the summer - I wouldn't be surprised if Bristol City could offer Adam more money (and more money to The Albion for that matter).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looking back most of us thought he would be released after Slade kept us up that season , it wasn't until Gus arrived that we saw the transformation into the player he is today. 10 years at the Albion surely must go towards his inclusion in the BHAFC Hall Of Fame.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've never been more wrong about a player's potential than I was with El Abd.

He was a couple of years above me through primary and secondary school and by default we would play football at lunch time when when different year groups took on each other.

He was the shining light of the school at all sports....but football was his weakest. He was STRONG but he certainly never blew me away with his ability at football. Rugby and Cricket yes. But no way football. I was in SHOCK when he managed to make it the albion youth teams let alone to the first team and honestly thought he would go the way of Gatting, Mcphee etc. Nice to see a local lad player, but clearly he's not a good enough right back and has got his opportunity through our lack of buying power.

Then Gus came out and claimed El Abd was his BEST defender. From that day on, with him playing passing football in central defence, all my previous beliefs were quashed. He has been fantastic for us and it will be a great shame to lose a local lad from the team. Him getting an INTERNATIONAL call up was the final nail in my horrendous pre-conception of his ability.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Think the club loses a little identity today.
Maybe not the most gifted but could never question his desire and heart for the club. He is the man we all relate to most as a Sussex lad who played at Saltdean as a kid.
I wish we had that chance of a proper fairwell

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Never the most skilful player but what a fantastic character to have in our team. Always gave everything on the pitch.

I'll be very sad to see him go and wish him every success for the future. Top bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here