Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I cried

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Cried me eyes out, my young lad asked "did I know him" was too choked to reply and although I never knew him I explained he was a hero, who fought for his country, was blue and white, and died serving this great country off ours, massive respect. Seagulls and Blackburn fans dud him and his family proud, I doth my cap.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Cried me eyes out, my young lad asked "did I know him" was too choked to reply and although I never knew him I explained he was a hero, who fought for his country, was blue and white, and died serving this great country off ours, massive respect. Seagulls and Blackburn fans dud him and his family proud, I doth my cap.

A good excuse to post a favourite song of mine on just that subject:

[yt]uyu5i_qvOBM[/yt]

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Blackburn fan on the train said ' it was worth the journey for the best tribute i've seen at a football match'

It was very moving, well done BHA.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No idea why but I bought the programme today - first time since Withdean and the section from the fans serving in the Armed Forces was superb. I hope any servicemen and women reading this thread about the tribute will see how proud we are of them all.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It was a very moving tribute and I don't mind admitting welled my eyes up. It must have been a very emotional day for his Family.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hard to imagine what his family must have been going through as they stood pitchside, but it would be nice to think that the tribute paid by over 27,000 people today might have brought them just the smallest crumb of comfort.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Was a very touching moment impeccably observed by the whole stadium, I was proud to be there today and a part of it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Courtesy of Sharon Brynin: "A wonderful tribute from a wonderful club for my wonderful son xxx"

Couldn't agree more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here