Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I am sorry, but on Saturday I am holding my nose, and supporting Palace

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I keep dreaming, but sadly think we would have to win at least 5 games, possibly all 6. However, beating Arsenal may mean City already have the title before they come to the Amex and Pep might rest players before the Cup Final and Champions League, and we sneak a win as per a couple of seasons ago.

But as far as CL, the Tottenham and Palace VARce is going to stop us getting close I suspect.
Yeah I agree that's the far more likely scenario.
I just won't let it go until, it's gone.

I'm hoping we get within 3 points of it, so we'll know why we didn't make it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I keep dreaming, but sadly think we would have to win at least 5 games, possibly all 6. However, beating Arsenal may mean City already have the title before they come to the Amex and Pep might rest players before the Cup Final and Champions League, and we sneak a win as per a couple of seasons ago.

But as far as CL, the Tottenham and Palace VARce is going to stop us getting close I suspect.
4 wins 2 draws and we'd finish 4th on GD I reckon...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's a win-win. On the basis that Allardyce will have The Leeds fighting for their lives on the final day, this is Spuds' easiest of their 4 remaining fixtures, so there'd be no less enjoyment of a Palace defeat than usual for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never ‘support palace’ - ever. Never want palace to win. I hope Spurs lose.
I want what's best for Albion. I support Albion.

So that means we need a Palace win.

Your position suggests you hate Palace more than you support Albion.

It is a pantomime rivalry. I have never hated Palace. I just want to beat them and finish above them. If ever the 'hatred' became real I'd quit watching football, because that's it's an emotion I don't want. Real world perspective. It's twenty two me kicking a bag of air around a patch of grass. My only serious devotions are a love of my own town (Brighton) and a love of football. Hence my Albion support.

I love beating Palace, but there is nothing to hate them for. It's a collection of 20 odd thousand devotees, very few of whom I know. And those I do know I like as people.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I cannot think of one game where I have ever wanted Palace to win a game. Maybe secretly hoping for a draw, when we were down near the relegation places. But on Saturday I am cheering on Roy and Wilf.
Sorry I feel dirty and will go to confession next week, but if they beat Spurs I will be so happy.
When we were close to relegation from the Championship. Sitting in the stands, someone got the notification that Palace had scored (probably on a radio back then), whole South Stand singing "Come On You Scum!"

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I cannot think of one game where I have ever wanted Palace to win a game. Maybe secretly hoping for a draw, when we were down near the relegation places. But on Saturday I am cheering on Roy and Wilf.
Sorry I feel dirty and will go to confession next week, but if they beat Spurs I will be so happy.
Just make sure you have a thorough wash after the game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I want what's best for Albion. I support Albion.

So that means we need a Palace win.

Your position suggests you hate Palace more than you support Albion.

It is a pantomime rivalry. I have never hated Palace. I just want to beat them and finish above them. If ever the 'hatred' became real I'd quit watching football, because that's it's an emotion I don't want. Real world perspective. It's twenty two me kicking a bag of air around a patch of grass. My only serious devotions are a love of my own town (Brighton) and a love of football. Hence my Albion support.

I love beating Palace, but there is nothing to hate them for. It's a collection of 20 odd thousand devotees, very few of whom I know. And those I do know I like as people.
You may wish to re-read my post 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A truly horrible fixture.

I'd laugh my tits off if the lilywhites batter the life out of them and lose to a late Kane OG.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, I will not be 'supporting' Palace. I want Spurs to lose, and as that means a Palace win then, yes under the circumstances I can pay that price for the result I want. But I shan't be watching, much less actually supporting them. Urrgh.
North Semantics Stand.

I agree with you, by the way

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never ‘support palace’ - ever. Never want palace to win. I hope Spurs lose.
Don't the Palace always win, according to their insiders.
They have a 1 day loanee playing for them on Sat, Harold Hewitt from Californ ia.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I've never been inside Selhurst, but I'm reliably informed it is almost indistinguishable from the new White Hart Lane.
Apart from the one side of the ground that resembles our very own West Stand (if the WS was built on top of a Sainsburys)

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don't want Palace to win anything ever but if they happened to score one more goal than Spurs then I might raise an eyebrow in a generally northern direction.
(Purely in recognition of Roy's lifetime contribution to the footballing world of course)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, I will not be 'supporting' Palace. I want Spurs to lose, and as that means a Palace win then, yes under the circumstances I can pay that price for the result I want. But I shan't be watching, much less actually supporting them. Urrgh.
That's a good point re who I watch tomorrow. I can't watch Palace and support them, so I'll watch and support Wolves

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We never get anything at spurs. We’ll go all spursey and get beat 3 or 4 -1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here