Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am off tomorrow.................

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
well, attention seeking or not - i for one will be sending poor "hove born&bred" a substantial amount of money to help see him through these tough times.

all i need is your bank details.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
page 2 of my compromised agreement .......compensation for loss of employment

Basic rate income tax will be deducted from any amount by which the compensation payment exceeds £30000 blah blah under sections 401 to 404 inclusive of part 6 chapter 3 of the income tax (earnings and pensions) act 2003

So do I get the first £30000 tax free then????

should leave loads of money to pay bozza

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
page 2 of my compromised agreement .......compensation for loss of employment

Basic rate income tax will be deducted from any amount by which the compensation payment exceeds £30000 blah blah under sections 401 to 404 inclusive of part 6 chapter 3 of the income tax (earnings and pensions) act 2003

So do I get the first £30000 tax free then????

Yes HB&B the first £30k of a redundancy payment is tax free and no NI payable on any of it

Good luck with finding a new job mate

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As much as I might diagree with many of the postings my friend Timmy makes you (northstandnorth) are an arse of the highest order and totally out of order.

Tim - something good will come out of this and you will get another job.

Northstandnorth - you are a cock

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As much as I might diagree with many of the postings my friend Beach Hut makes you (northstandnorth) are an arse of the highest order and totally out of order.

Tim - something good will come out of this and you will get another job.

Northstandnorth - you are a cock

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
redundancy law is redundancy law,for every year after 42 you get 1.5 weeks pay it has been so for years. notice pay is controlled by regulation to.

notice of intent to make redundancies HAS to be lodged with the D.T.I. and redundancy without an appropriate period of consultation(length dependant on the numbers to be made redundant,trust me, my employer has gone through this process at least 5 times in the period of my employment) is an offence

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. The employer does indeed have to pay a certain amount for every year you have worked there ( assuming you've had continous employment there for more than two years ) and it is indeed also based on your age. Other than that they only have to pay your contracted notice period. All this is if you're being made COMPULSORY redundant.

HB&B has struck a compromise agreement which changes his redundancy to VOLUNTARY redundancy and so whatever deal he strikes over rides the law.

I'm not quite sure what your agenda here is but I wouldn't wish redundancy on anyone - it's a nasty, stressful time and cocks like you making accusations don't help. I just hope you don't find yourself in the same situation during this tough time.

HB&B - good luck in finding a new job and congrats on getting such a good deal - only wish I'd managed to do the same!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wrong, wrong and wrong again. The employer does indeed have to pay a certain amount for every year you have worked there ( assuming you've had continous employment there for more than two years ) and it is indeed also based on your age. Other than that they only have to pay your contracted notice period. All this is if you're being made COMPULSORY redundant.

HB&B has struck a compromise agreement which changes his redundancy to VOLUNTARY redundancy and so whatever deal he strikes over rides the law.

I'm not quite sure what your agenda here is but I wouldn't wish redundancy on anyone - it's a nasty, stressful time and cocks like you making accusations don't help. I just hope you don't find yourself in the same situation during this tough time.

HB&B - good luck in finding a new job and congrats on getting such a good deal - only wish I'd managed to do the same!

Wrong, wrong and wrong again

How i hate cocky people like you.:tosser:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id be bloody delighted with that deal to be honest.
Pretty sure its going to work out well in the long run.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tariq from HR

Oh, you drive a cab in London, always wondered what you did for a living

tariq.jpg

kinda lingers

Dec 25, 2006
Uckfield
i am not suggesting an employer wont pay more than the minimum(mine does)

i am convinced that this thread is more bullshit from a proven attention seeker and that the fact he gets his figures wrong proves it.

As you will see, I don't post very often on this site but log on most days. Just read this & felt I had to respond !!

Have you ever been made redundant fella ? Hope not as it isn't nice.

If a company wants you out, & you're not part of an " announced " redundancy plan, you can negotiate your pay-off. As described, they often start from a relatively high amount hoping you accept. ( note to Tim - try to get some more mate & go back with a counter offer to go even more quietly ! )

Opinions are fair enough but your comments are too personal mate - what do you have agains HB&B ? Has he tried to sh*g your sister or something ? ! :laugh:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Redundancy is one of the shittiest things that can happen from a professional point of view (having been on both sides, i can confirm it is still shit having to make people redundant). I do agree though that it is worth going back with a counter offer - I think it is extremely unlikely that they will withdraw the original offer, so what's to lose ?

I got made redundant years ago, a week before my first child was due. Like you, got a reasonable payoff (5 months when i had only worked there a year) and decided to take a few months off. The next week i got an unsolicited call with a job offer. I took the job and spent the next 6 years with that company very happily.

Take a few weeks off, but keep in touch with the agencies and keep positive and hopefully something will come up soon :thumbsup:

*edit* Northstandnorth, you're a cock

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
i am not suggesting an employer wont pay more than the minimum(mine does)

i am convinced that this thread is more bullshit from a proven attention seeker and that the fact he gets his figures wrong proves it.

Why has he got his figures wrong? You merely seem to be jumping at the bit quoting Redundancy Law and the minimum requirements. If an employer offers more to keep you quiet that's upto them. I used to work in the City and it's a far from uncommon practice. Get off your soap box.

Timbo, bad luck mate, give you more time to get to those tricky mid week fixtures. Still, you can't complain at a £5k payout!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bad luck Tim.

Hope things work out Ok.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Well, who'd have thought that 24 hours after I posted in your thread I'd be in the same boat?!!

Not strictly the same as I'm not being made redundant, simply didn't get the job I've been doing in a temp contract for a year when I had to apply!!

However you find yousefl in this situation though, it's crap! I'm safe for 2 months under my existing temp contract then that's it.

I'm at the point now where I'm not even sure I want to be in this field anymore and maybe this situation will be the impetus for me to go and retrain in something completely different?!

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
...some of you may laugh but the credit crunch is now a crisis.............at 11am this morning Tariq from HR showed me a compromise agreement for just over a years salary and with that after 5 years service I was gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that mate - a couple of things you might want to add to the Compromise Agreement:

1. Make sure you get your future references agreed.

Add something like - "The Employer will provide any prospective Employer of the Employee with a written reference in the form set out in the [] Schedule to this Agreement “the reference” and agrees to deal with oral and written enquiries in a manner consistent with the reference, provided always that the Employer reserves the right to depart from the terms of the reference in order to make such disclosures as may be required by law."

This gives you the right to agree the wording of any reference provided to prospective employers and should be produced on your employer's headed paper, attached as a schedule.

2. The agreement will probably include post-termination restrictions or restrictive covenants - try and negotiate an additional fee as consideration.

Good luck.

D

Deleted User X18H

Good luck.[/QUOTE] ..

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here