Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am off tomorrow.................

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If there is one consolation about losing your job now,you have plenty of time to find work.Summertime is a good time to find work.Xmas time and new year sucks big time.You need to find one soon.

As someone that was made redundant earlier this year, there is NO good time to lose your job - gobsmacked at at years salary though - I only got a poxy three months !

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I got five weeks money and a compensation amount also benefits in lieu that amounted to a little over a years money the compensation amount has to have a signed agreement endorsed by me by next Monday.... to stop me taking them to court for whatever reason!!!!!

I know it's not much consolation when your losing your job but at least your pay off is more than most people get, I wish you luck in looking for a new job fella.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I got five weeks money and a compensation amount also benefits in lieu that amounted to a little over a years money the compensation amount has to have a signed agreement endorsed by me by next Monday.... to stop me taking them to court for whatever reason!!!!!

you obviously are bullshitting AGAIN,redundancy law states 1.5 weeks per year of employment over the age of 42 and entitlement to 3 months notice.so it would have been 7.5 weeks AND 12 weeks in lieu of notice.

even when you bullshit/attention seek you f*** it up.

still should be a good chance to open the B&B

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
you obviously are bullshitting AGAIN,redundancy law states 1.5 weeks per year of employment over the age of 42 and entitlement to 3 months notice.so it would have been 7.5 weeks AND 12 weeks in lieu of notice.

not for me to stick up for our favourite (ex) reinsurance broker but a compromise agreement is exactly that.

depending on the employer, and the terms of departure, a year's money in the city is pretty standard.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008

you just flipped! give the poor, unemployed man a break

he is unemployed

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
That depends on the contract he signed in the first place

redundancy law is redundancy law,for every year after 42 you get 1.5 weeks pay it has been so for years. notice pay is controlled by regulation to.

notice of intent to make redundancies HAS to be lodged with the D.T.I. and redundancy without an appropriate period of consultation(length dependant on the numbers to be made redundant,trust me, my employer has gone through this process at least 5 times in the period of my employment) is an offence

barney

Jul 31, 2006
redundancy law is redundancy law,for every year after 42 you get 1.5 weeks pay it has been so for years. notice pay is controlled by regulation to.

notice of intent to make redundancies HAS to be lodged with the D.T.I. and redundancy without an appropriate period of consultation(length dependant on the numbers to be made redundant,trust me, my employer has gone through this process at least 5 times in the period of my employment) is an offence

you know the score, my lad

mattb

Mar 18, 2008

alright mate chill out. christ.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bad luck mate..... look on the bright side , you are well compensated.

I was made redundant after 14 years as Tech for a high street chain...... salary was £19,000 and I cleared about £17,000 after my redundancy and bonuses were added up.
I was headhunted two months in to a three month notice period and so I finished on a friday and started another job of the same wage on the monday.

I think a years salary for 5 years employment is not too bad.:down:

As for employment law, the government figures are a bare MINIMUM.. I was paid 2 weeks per year for service under 40 and 2 1/2 weeks for each year over 40. I think that the sky's the limit when a company decides to shaft someone, it just depends on how much cash they are willing to pay....

Last edited:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

absolute rubbish i'm afraid. you seem to be confusing a statutory redundancy with a compromise agreement between a business and an individual, which of course is what timbo is subject to.

he can be paid as much as he can negotiate, it's nothing at all to do with the DTI (which no longer exists btw). the only question is whether he gets the £30k tax free redundancy payment. the compromise agreement will typically include an indemnity regarding this.

why are you so angry?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
...some of you may laugh but the credit crunch is now a crisis.............at 11am this morning Tariq from HR showed me a compromise agreement for just over a years salary and with that after 5 years service I was gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that mate.

Not a bad pay-off tho eh?

Nature's way of telling you to chill for the rest of the Summer and consider your options come September

Good luck :thumbsup:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
absolute rubbish i'm afraid. you seem to be confusing a statutory redundancy with a compromise agreement between a business and an individual, which of course is what timbo is subject to.

he can be paid as much as he can negotiate, it's nothing at all to do with the DTI (which no longer exists btw). the only question is whether he gets the £30k tax free redundancy payment. the compromise agreement will typically include an indemnity regarding this.

why are you so angry?

i am not suggesting an employer wont pay more than the minimum(mine does)

i am convinced that this thread is more bullshit from a proven attention seeker and that the fact he gets his figures wrong proves it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here