Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia on Paddy

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I wonder what would be the reaction if after Paddy's mazy run and cut back into the empty pen area would have been if someone had put the ball into the back of the net.

Totally and utterly this. There was no-one following up in the penalty box to put the ball in the back of the net. If we had decent strikers, a goal would have been scored. Instead we have to rely on Greer or Dunk, our two main central defenders to put the ball in the net from corners. Our central defenders, FFS. What a complete and utter shambles.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Sammi is spot on with that, apart from a cameo run he did little yesterday, has no pace, doesn't work hard enough and doesn't defend. He's only worth 20 minutes, hasn't scored and can't remember if he has any assists. He looks unfit and tired to me, how much are we paying him?

That's a brave comment, considering there are so many 'pro Paddy posters' on here, and to a large extent l agree with what you say.

I do however feel that on Saturday, with Kaz suspended, little attacking threat, and the goals having dried up, it was worth giving him a start. After all, what did we have to lose? If he doesn't start a game in a situation like that, what point is it having him at the club?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Reluctantly come to the conclusion that he's gotta go. He's convinced his system will work, there seems no other plan that he's willing to consider. He's still convinced we are just being unlucky in conceding early goals

It's like he is too stubborn to change the formation. He won't change it until he gets a win. Seems like.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
That's a brave comment, considering there are so many 'pro Paddy posters' on here, and to a large extent l agree with what you say.

I do however feel that on Saturday, with Kaz suspended, little attacking threat, and the goals having dried up, it was worth giving him a start. After all, what did we have to lose? If he doesn't start a game in a situation like that, what point is it having him at the club?

I have the feeling that paddy doesn't have 90 minutes in him, which is why he makes these late appearances. I agree that he can run at defenders and can do the unexpected, but he does little else and in the formation that Sammi choses that's not enough,

scooter1

How soon is now?
While it farts in the face of authority, if I was Hyppia I'd be pulling my strikers into one on one meetings and saying "what is the service you need, where do you want the ball" and then working on this as an attacking tactic. The strikers won't score, if the service is poor. Baldock, COG and Colunga can all score with good service, but it's not right at the moment. Paddy is a great player, and has something that we lack, but he's currently on a different wavelength to our current strikers - this is what needs to be addressed. And if Hyppia is insistent on our full backs working as wingers, then we need to go to a central back 3, otherwise, with our current full backs, we remain exposed when facing a quick counter attack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here