Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia on Paddy

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Good point. Most teams have at least one flair player, yesterday with KLL suspended and Tex on the bench it was the ideal time to play Paddy. Surely with the other players around we did not need Paddy to be "defensive". Thank god the same thoughts were not aimed at a similar talent (Vicente) when he was here.
Agree & love Paddy but they're no more similar talents than say, Ricky Lambert & Pele

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Like Baldock, is this another example of Sami not being able to get the most of his players?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Agree & love Paddy but they're no more similar talents than say, Ricky Lambert & Pele

I wonder what would be the reaction if after Paddy's mazy run and cut back into the empty pen area would have been if someone had put the ball into the back of the net. I reckon it would have joined his other clips on YT and this board would be really singing his praises, or would we rather have 5 yard sideways passes from Gardner.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
But surely if you have the ball and keep possession you don't need to defend as much.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Paddy already has one assist to his name, supplying the ball for Lewis Dunk's header in one match. He shows some magic every game he plays which is actually more frequently than Vicente. Sami's comments are highly unfair.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always just assumed it was a fitness thing with Paddy. Why else would you only give your only player with magic feet a couple of minutes at the end of a game?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I wonder what would be the reaction if after Paddy's mazy run and cut back into the empty pen area would have been if someone had put the ball into the back of the net. I reckon it would have joined his other clips on YT and this board would be really singing his praises, or would we rather have 5 yard sideways passes from Gardner.
As I said, I love Paddy. But Vicente was world class

Over the Hill

Jul 27, 2014
Paddy had a right go at O'Grady for not attacking the ball after he put a cross in along the line, it just needed a tap in.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
So if he will not play Paddy because he can't defend, why does he play Colunga, O'Grady and Baldock who cant score and have no clue as to what strikers are supposed to do! I will always support the team, but IMHO Hyppia is not getting the best out of the squad he has. Time for a change.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Needs to be given a run of games as he's the only player who has any creativity in the squad

If there's a dearth of creativity in the squad, obviously the logical thing to do is to slate the manager, and not the squad.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If Paddy is the answer ------------ wot was the question???
Who is currently the most entertaining player on our books?

Or

Which skilful Albion player is on, all available evidence, the most likely to create chances for others or himself?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Who is currently the most entertaining player on our books?

Or

Which skilful Albion player is on, all available evidence, the most likely to create chances for others or himself?

Tell me ----- if you are talking about Paddy then you are deluded if you think he is the answer

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd generally not start with Paddy. if we did ask him to defend at all then judging by yesterday his scything technique would have sent off most games. For me, i'd not start with the 3 "strikers" as our attacking threat, keeping Tex as our general creator who can sit behind the front pairing, keeping possession for the most part. When legs tire, then on comes Paddy to do his artful stuff.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We don't need Paddy for defence. We have plenty of carthorses for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here