Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - happy, unhappy or fence?

How do you feel about the (expected) appointment of Sami Hyypia?

• Happy

Votes: 396 71.1%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 131 23.5%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I'm two parts happy one part fence. It could have been a lot worse, it was a year ago after all.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It could have been a lot worse, it was a year ago after all.

I know fancy a head coach getting us into the play off's with the worst injury list I can recall a head coach/manager having, what were the club thinking?

Happy with the refresh. Really rubbish under the last two managers watching fifteen sideways passes to reach the halfway line, followed by one intercept in midfield and a three-pass goal to the opposition on a concerted break.

Don't get this, we were much more direct under Oscar, a lot more earlier balls into the channels and plenty of aerial fightball for Ulloa. That wouldn't have been allowed under Gus. If anything I'm hoping for MUCH MORE midfield build-up under Sami

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Happy. Famous name, excellent footballer. Doesn't seem to court trouble. Managed at a very high level. All of this in mind, it is good to remember, we are Brighton not Real Madrid.

I know fancy a head coach getting us into the play off's with the worst injury list I can recall a head coach/manager having, what were the club thinking?

Dire, boring football from the best Albion squad of recent years - it's a no from me, Dermot

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'll be relatively happy with it - much prefer him to others that were linked. Obviously judgement will be given after he has had time (and we're talking at least a season here, not 2 games like some of the miserable gits).

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like it. Icily exotic and I imagine agreed to stick to just perhaps a variation on a theme of progressive possessive football that should please the most of us who enjoy our recent identity.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dire, boring football from the best Albion squad of recent years - it's a no from me, Dermot

I thought we played some good stuff given the players we had available half the time and certainly no more boring than the championship football under Gus, still they've both gone now and it's Sami's turn so lets see what pans out.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thought it would be French Fred. Im a bit indifferent about Hyppia. Not sure how to take it if its official.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't get this, we were much more direct under Oscar, a lot more earlier balls into the channels and plenty of aerial fightball for Ulloa. That wouldn't have been allowed under Gus. If anything I'm hoping for MUCH MORE midfield build-up under Sami

Sorry, don't get your post at all. Under both ex-managers it always seemed to be all about non-threatening possession i.e. STATS. There was rarely any direct threat on the opposition goal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, don't get your post at all. Under both ex-managers it always seemed to be all about non-threatening possession i.e. STATS. There was rarely any direct threat on the opposition goal.

Under Oscar we had a very high shots on goal stat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here