Hypothetical question -If Gus went would you be happy with Redknapp

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy with Redknapp as manager?

• Total voters

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Oh right, when's the last time he did anything of note managerially then? It's like people who suggest Curbishley all the time.

I can't see how suggesting Glen Hoddle is anything like Curbishley?

Glen Hoddle has taken a team to the premier league, FA cup final, League cup final and managed England in the world cup.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Louise?

she's got an old Albion shirt somewhere

louise466.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No.

Dodgy as a £9 note, wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Only if Gus goes and wouldn't rule it out completely but seems very unlikely that Harry would come to us. Yes we have the structure of a Club that is on the up and are on the South Coast which might put us on his radar. However I don't think we can offer the sort of budget he would like to work with and I certainly can't see Tony Bloom relaxing the purse strings too much.

On the other hand Harry might fancy having a lower profile for his next comeback and we might fit his bill. It would be a roller coaster if we did get Harry and probably great fun but fear that the media would be all over us like a nasty rash looking for some mischief to rake over. In reality I can see Harry going to the next Premiership club that sacks its manager or at worst to a Championship club with the parachute money for him to play with.

If Gus left I would love Tony Bloom to take another younger manager like Solskjear, that would be flair.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I know who I'd want as the first choice for the job - OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER

Actually that is not a bad name to bring up, good shout mate !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I cannot believe Glen Hoddles name has even been mentioned !!
That would mean pre match seances every week, The Amex hosting Doris Stokes, Billy Graham preaching instead of Fat Boy and a free Ouija Board with every burger !!!!

BOLLOX !!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
A lot of you are talking as if there is barely a manager around who could match or surpass Gus's achievements. Let me remind you that we have gone completely off the boil again a la last season and can't buy our next win. Failure to win both of the next two and I would be pretty confident that we are facing an eleven game winless streak.
And yet, there is, apparently,barely a credible candidate out there, to replace the irreplaceable Gus.
I have been a huge fan of Gus but am now concerned that he aint as clever as some of the smart cookies toward the top of this division. The better teams always seem to outsmart us.
I am hoping that this is all part of the learning curve and that I will be proved wrong. If Gus goes, I would hope that TB would put his faith in someone young, hungry and ambitious ( like Gus ) e.g N Forster/G Neville/OGS etc...They have to start somewhere.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Nothing ever lasts !I would like Gus when he leaves ,its by taking a better job ,rather than sacked.Rednapp,IMO would take the job,with it being close to Sandbanks and (was it Rosie,his bulldog )......however,i like Bloom s take on appointments,and i guess another surprise would be on the cards......

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I wouldn't want Redknapp and it has nothing to do with his football coaching skills. He has played an important role in wrecking the financial affairs of clubs he has been involved with. Untrustworthy and disloyal. Why would I want him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports