[Albion] Hwang Hee-chan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Based on the amount of Koreans at the Spurs game on Boxing Day, he would pay for himself in shirt sales and merch etc...

Barber would be rubbing his hands, and quite possibly something else.

27m profit in shirt sales? Do the math for f sake.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Based on absolutely no knowledge of the situation, I'm surprised you said 20,000 shirts period.

TBH had you said 20k a month or even a week (on average) I might have gone with it.

I have absolutely no doubt Son is a serious player in Spurs' finances.
So there's month to be made with the right fella.

Perhaps [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] can say something dull on the situation, either too us or his new friends.

New Fweinds.

How many shirts do we sell in a season generally? 30,000? 40,000? Probably not even that. I can’t imagine half of Korea is going to go out and buy a shirt of an unfashionable, small Premier League club they’d never heard of before because a half-decent Korean footballer has signed for them.

I bet you Beckham didn’t even pay for his transfers through shirt sales, let alone this guy.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
How many shirts do we sell in a season generally? 30,000? 40,000? Probably not even that. I can’t imagine half of Korea is going to go out and buy a shirt of an unfashionable, small Premier League club they’d never heard of before because a half-decent Korean footballer has signed for them.

I bet you Beckham didn’t even pay for his transfers through shirt sales, let alone this guy.

Beckham didn't need to pay for his transfers. In the Premier League rulebook it says you are required to display the players name and number prominently on the back of the shirt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't see it as about paying his transfer.
It's buying player X who can generate Y, ongoing through his time at the club.

As opposed to, I dunno, someone like Connor Wickham. :lol:

A bus load of Ghent fans came to Bournemouth (or Chelsea) game.
I was sat next to their meeting point.

They all had scarfs, club shops bags after the game they had a meet and greet with The Tross and Teeny Tiny.

Spurs seem to suggest that's merely a drop in the ocean.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Based on absolutely no knowledge of the situation, I'm surprised you said 20,000 shirts period.

TBH had you said 20k a month or even a week (on average) I might have gone with it.

Perhaps [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] can say something dull on the situation, either too us or his new friends.

New Fweinds.

As it happens, I was catching up with the Price of Football podcast over the weekend when Kieran addressed this very subject (I think it was in either episode 7. Financial Doping or episode 8. Manchester City). Unless your name is Ronaldo, when it might add something to the bottom line of the club you play for, it's a complete misnomer that shirt sales can somehow pay for the transfer.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I can here the WSU moans already about him not passing enough and only scoring goals

Indeed the goal a game is just not worth having him in the team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it happens, I was catching up with the Price of Football podcast over the weekend when Kieran addressed this very subject (I think it was in either episode 7. Financial Doping or episode 8. Manchester City). Unless your name is Ronaldo, when it might add something to the bottom line of the club you play for, it's a complete misnomer that shirt sales can somehow pay for the transfer.
Which is why I pointedly say it won't pay for the transfer.

But just to reiterate I do believe the signing of the next Son will in itself generate a new revenue stream.

Certainly generating more money than spending £27m on say Danny Ings.

I'll also take this opportunity to head off the next bone of contention.

We're talking about a £27m transfer deal, so people are being naive in the extreme if they believe words like 'money' 'revenue stream' 'financial doping' 'big business' don't belong in the beautiful game.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

New Fweinds.

Clubs probably make 30% return on shirts sold in the club shop and about 7.5% when sold by third parties.

Remember there's VAT to deduct from the sales price too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’d never heard of this chap until earlier today, I’m now desperate for us to sign him. Absurd.
Anyone else suffering similar symptoms?

Also with you all the way.

We need a lift. We need to take our chances, we dominate games but lack a cutting edge.

More attacking threat most certainly welcome.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports