[News] Huw Edwards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What makes you think he will lose his job?
The narrative now seems to be he didn’t do anything illegal so it’s sort of ok and none of anyone’s business. And that he deserves sympathy for the state he is now in.
More likely there will be a half hour special where he gets the chance to say sorry, cosy shots with the family at home etc, and before long he’s back reading the news.
Not saying any of this is right or wrong, but it’s not inevitable he will lose his job. The BBC often protects its own.
I think he's lost the trust of the people. When you sit down to watch the news of the latest bombing or murder of a child will you be thinking 'I know what you did' if Huw was reading it out to you. His voice in the past was the news. He could sound serious and sympathetic whatever he read out.
No, I think the BBC will move him on to something different.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was admitted to hospital. He wasn’t in a fit state to make a statement which is why his wife did.
I salute your manners. And patience.

But you are wasting your breath.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Well I have a first class degree so I don’t think I can be as thick as you suggest .
That is also a matter of opinion.

A first class degree in willy-waving.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
As my father still lives in NYC that would be difficult plus I’ve never been in a white van in my life !

You clearly have at least one thing to learn - Manners .

I simply said he should take ownership of this issue in the newspapers and not leave it to his wife .
did you emigrate cos yankees don't like snobs?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m recently noticing white Tesla drivers are beginning to think they own the carriage ways and generally making a nuisance of themselves in their oversized batteries.
Should I use that for my metaphor do you think? White Tesla man?

I does have a certain ring to it.

Deal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is it more appropriate to compare Edwards to Schofield or Prince Andrew? Rich and powerful men who are also able to hide their tracks so to speak? Maybe they are all innocent of a de facto crime; but we all know they were sailing close to the wind at best or abusing their influence at worst. Time will tell, but it’s telling on here how many would want to #preyforhuw yet the no doubt poor and powerless “victims” can go swing. There’s outrageous.
What victims?

So far we have no crime, a young man who got his solicitor to refute the Sun’s claims and a couple of people with iffy text messages.

And do be careful. Libel will get you a ban.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Is it more appropriate to compare Edwards to Schofield or Prince Andrew? Rich and powerful men who are also able to hide their tracks so to speak? Maybe they are all innocent of a de facto crime; but we all know they were sailing close to the wind at best or abusing their influence at worst. Time will tell, but it’s telling on here how many would want to #preyforhuw yet the no doubt poor and powerless “victims” can go swing. There’s outrageous.

Surely the issue here (from the information we have so far) is that there was no victim.

There was an adult who was making a living by selling stuff, and another adult buying stuff. This is capitalism in action, entrepreneurial individuals making money how they can.

The police have already investigated and determined that no criminality took place.

I may be wrong, but this stinks of the Sun finding another angle from which to attack the BBC. Leveson 2 should never have been cancelled. Murdoch senior is running out of time to achieve his long term goal of seeing the BBC destroyed in his lifetime.

I’m delighted that this is instead inviting scrutiny of the Sun, and why they decided to run a story that they knew was false before publication, and then persist with it for several days afterward.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
White Tesla man, often with white seats! Horrific

I can only put it down to the manopause.
With Swiss Tony at the wheel, perhaps.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fifth* form mockery of the bullying kind. Real man, and all that. Too hard to be depressed, and to 'normal' to tolerate 'other'.

I have nothing to learn from these sorts.

*Left after CSEs. Probably to work for his dad, in his white van.
Harry slow down.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think he's lost the trust of the people. When you sit down to watch the news of the latest bombing or murder of a child will you be thinking 'I know what you did' if Huw was reading it out to you. His voice in the past was the news. He could sound serious and sympathetic whatever he read out.
No, I think the BBC will move him on to something different.
If they want to reinvent his image then they will. I reckon the masses will buy into it.
The narrative already is the sun said it was illegal. It wasn’t. Bad Sun. Poor Huw.
Those that say “even if what was alleged wasn’t illegal, it was still more than bad” are being pushed out of the picture.
The Sun being so despised by so many is a gift for Huw. It distracts from his alleged masquerading. This thread is a great example of that. Don’t be surprised if once this settles down, the cheques are even bigger for Huw, in or out of the BBC.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry slow down.
You made your point earlier about your views on mental health. I probably didn't comment, assuming you were drunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports