Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is ultimately why The Sun is in trouble

As to the previous “deep pockets” comment, the paper is estimated to be around £200m in debt, with no assets to speak of. It’s teetering. They’re hugely dependent on advertising, if they take flight after this (as many almost certainly will) then it’s Goodnight Vienna.

From that thread, there is this article from 2015 about Murdoch's campaign against the BBC.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I feel down today so I’m off to act unsavoury…..
I find the staggering lack of compassion and understanding from some on here to those with mental health challenges to be frankly awful. Still, it's a great way to refresh the ignore list.

Classic of examples of humans without humanity behind the anonymity of a username. God forbid any of these people suffer from MH challenges themselves and I feel even more sorry for anyone in their close family that relies on their "care"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find the staggering lack of compassion and understanding from some on here to those with mental health challenges to be frankly awful. Still, it's a great way to refresh the ignore list.

Classic of examples of humans without humanity behind the anonymity of a username. God forbid any of these people suffer from MH challenges themselves and I feel even more sorry for anyone in their close family that relies on their "care"
Quite. I have people on ignore so that I can use NSC - without it I would be too sad and angry to engage, and would spend hours wasting my time arguing the toss with what are basically trolls, then I'd stop reading NSC altogether (as I did for 7 years when the moderation wasn't as good as it is now). This is the same reason I don't read the Sun and Mail and be tempted to send them angry letters. When I see things like this (below) I find it reassuring that my decisions were appropriate (for me, anyway).

1689246919939.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I feel down today so I’m off to act unsavoury…..
I seem to recall that you have alluded to issues of your own. Perhaps not.

Either way, that's a shitty little post (and I see that another shitty little poster I have on ignore has given you a thumbs up - heartwarming scenes).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Yes blame the Sun

if he hadn’t of been outed so to speak he would still be reading the news at ten and not in a hospital. Seems rather convenient.
Quite… He got caught and will now drag his whole family through this sordid affair, Run to re-hab like all the others who get caught out…..
I remember getting caught wanking by my elderly auntie when I was 17. It’s embarrassing.

Cheerio if Im going on ignore with anyone 😂😂😂

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I seem to recall that you have alluded to issues of your own. Perhaps not.

Either way, that's a shitty little post (and I see that another shitty little poster I have on ignore has given you a thumbs up - heartwarming scenes).
Maybe he’ll get some help with his anxiety and depression… I did…… I certainly don’t lack compassion on the subject but when did he stop reading the news?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Quite… He got caught and will now drag his whole family through this sordid affair, Run to re-hab like all the others who get caught out…..
I remember getting caught wanking by my elderly auntie when I was 17. It’s embarrassing.

Cheerio if Im going on ignore with anyone 😂😂😂

What i thought was right then.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Na
The Sun is a scummy rag, never in doubt

The BBC hasn't acted much better in all this, rolling news story and going in harder today, unless they have more facts they need to back off for the moment.
Nah...the BBC need to be seen pushing on this one I’m afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here