Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If ever there was a match I was content to see the Albion lose it was this match.

A handful of Albion careers effectively came to a close today, I fancy.

Yes. I think all those that thought giving the fringe players a chance might show one or two that deserve a chance in the starting eleven are like me, disappointed.
A few will now be moved on i suspect.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Positives:

Maenpaa: Ridgewell: KLL: Baldock: Towell

Negatives:

Tactics (3 at the back didn't work - not with these players)
Calde: Dunk: Holla: Chicksen:Ince

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The "magic of the cup" 2016 style. One team marginally interested in the win, the other really not not bothered. And yet if you watch BBC and Football Focus this is one of the football weekends of the year. Ho hum.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A really pathetic Cup 'run'. Seemed not interested right from the time the draw was made. When I was a lad, going out of the cup was a real big thing, now nobody seems to care. I know we want the league, but still not good to go out with a whimper.

You need to act your age and be a little more cynical punish: :wink:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Huddersfileld 2 Reading 2. Terriers will have the away replay a few days before playing us.

PG {looking for positives}

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Very disappointing with our squad players. It must be so frustrating to not be in the team, probably thinking you should be in the team then, when the chance comes (as it also did in the LC), players like Ince, Holla, Chickson just show thet they aren't up to the standard required.
You adding hemed also.
If ever there was a match I was content to see the Albion lose it was this match.

A handful of Albion careers effectively came to a close today, I fancy.

Derby went 2-1 up a while ago.

I feel sorry for Mäenpää not getting a cup run.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Of course we didn't care about the cup. Hull away? Boring and uninspiring draw, delighted with the narrow defeat so we can sack off the distraction and play league football only. The FA Cup is on its arse, look around the team selections today. Some serious rebranding and refreshing is needed, right now it doesn't really matter to most of the clubs.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Positives:

Maenpaa: Ridgewell: KLL: Baldock: Towell

Negatives:

Tactics (3 at the back didn't work - not with these players)
Calde: Dunk: Holla: Chicksen:Ince

Does anyone actually still expect anything from Ince? One of the most overrated players to have ever pulled our shirt on. I've never seen it with him. Typical modern day footballer in that he's an athlete first and a footballer second.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I feel a little like I did when we went out the League Cup to Walsall - and look what we went and did after that

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That should have helped Hughton as to what we need to do in the transfer window. Hopefully Baldock and Lualua will have come through that unscathed, good minutes for Ridgewell and Towell as well.

Dunk probably needs dropping for a while if any of the other centre backs are fit to resume. Kayal, Bruno, Stephens, Murphy, Zamora and Stockdale should come back refreshed.

ok we were shocking, but there were some positives. I'm disappointed but not unhappy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because it'll give us an extra 1,2 or 3 games in the Championship where we have had 10 or 14 days rest rather than 4 or 7 days. That's a huge advantage.

Not the way we are playing!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I don't mind losing a game but I expect every albion player to put their all into the game but it seems to me this didn't happen today. One shot all game says it all. Our squad players just aren't good enough. I hope they are not earning more than me per month. At least I put a shift in every day at work.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That should have helped Hughton as to what we need to do in the transfer window. Hopefully Baldock and Lualua will have come through that unscathed, good minutes for Ridgewell and Towell as well.

Dunk probably needs dropping for a while if any of the other centre backs are fit to resume. Kayal, Bruno, Stephens, Murphy, Zamora and Stockdale should come back refreshed.

ok we were shocking, but there were some positives. I'm disappointed but not unhappy.

And Knochaert should play :rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here