Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City and Norwich are tracking Brighton striker Ashley Barnes.its on twitter

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can understand Hull chasing him but not Norwich and I cannot for 1 minute believe the fee would reach anywhere near £1m.

I may be in a very small minority but we have NO CHANCE of replacing him for that paltry amount. To paraphrase Kevin Keegan I would love it if he proves all you doubters wrong whether it be here ,hopefully, or somewhere else. The guy is class, Poyet knew it which is why he played him anywhere he could, just a shame he didn't have the cojones to play him as a striker more often.Instead, by worrying about not losing rather than trying to win he cramped his style using him as a defensive player covering the full back and lightweight midfield.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I know he will never win player of the season, but i like the lad. Yes he has been a muppet at times but Gus played him all over the place.

He cost us peanuts and his goal v £ ratio must be well ahead of CMS but he does'nt get all the grief you give barnes :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I believe that he will prove to be a good back up to ULLOA and CMS who I am sure will come good this season.

Better player than CMS, end of..imo. If you can't control a ball you won't cut it in the Championship and CMS ball control is shit.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All about opinions and statistics

If CMS had played ever been played out of position in midfield you might have a point on the statistics front.

In fact I think Barnes goals per shot ratio is better than CMS and Barnes was seldom played as an out and out striker in the last couple of seasons.

It wasn't you that posted a rumour on your favourite site and started this twitter rumour was it?

Last edited:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
would hate to see Ashley go, is a VERY important part of the team when he is on the pitch...I've got a feeling he's becoming more mature as a player too!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It wasn't you that posted a rumour on your favourite site and started this twitter rumour was it?

No I can assure it was not me as I would love to keep AB as a plan B to bring on if needed a vast improvement on the options we had most of last season. Far, far better than having Baker or Adgestein as the alternative.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Better player than CMS, end of..imo. If you can't control a ball you won't cut it in the Championship and CMS ball control is shit.

Very much concur with this

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Can understand Hull chasing him but not Norwich and I cannot for 1 minute believe the fee would reach anywhere near £1m.

Jordan Rhodes was £8million. Andy Carroll was £30million. Are either of those 8 or 30 times better than Ash? No.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've been up and down, in and out, for and against, hot and cold, wanted his babies and wanted him castrated - the complete gamut of emotions and feelings with Barnes. The strange thing is that right now I really don't want him to go, I've got a good feeling about what he'll do this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jordan Rhodes was £8million. Andy Carroll was £30million. Are either of those 8 or 30 times better than Ash? No.

A case of supply and demand in Rhodes case I would say that he proved his ability to score goals at this level and in Carrolls case it was a desperate buy. As I have said I dont want Ashley to go but once CMS is fit I cannot see him being first choice.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Played as a striker he will yes will score goals double figures... any striker played out of position like Gus played him throughout last season will struggle to score

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd rather we keep him tbh - versatile and can play the lone striker in Ulloa's absence

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A case of supply and demand in Rhodes case I would say that he proved his ability to score goals at this level and in Carrolls case it was a desperate buy. As I have said I dont want Ashley to go but once CMS is fit I cannot see him being first choice.

Fortunately if he stays Barnes will have plenty of time to prove himself before CMS is likely to be fit. He will grab that opportunity with both hands I'm sure.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I may be in a very small minority but we have NO CHANCE of replacing him for that paltry amount. To paraphrase Kevin Keegan I would love it if he proves all you doubters wrong whether it be here ,hopefully, or somewhere else. The guy is class, Poyet knew it which is why he played him anywhere he could, just a shame he didn't have the cojones to play him as a striker more often.Instead, by worrying about not losing rather than trying to win he cramped his style using him as a defensive player covering the full back and lightweight midfield.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here