Hughton named new Albion Manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
One other thing I'd say about anyone saying about Houghton playing boring football is that last year Oscar played "boring" football and it got us in the play offs...the football this season has been utterly uninspiring until half time against Reading and so let's just reserve judgement on styles of play until February. Also i wouldn't pay too much attention to what Norwich fans say- they moan more than what our fans do!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hughton is at the Amex now. Just been spotted

Canary

May 21, 2014
I too know a long standing Norwich season ticket holder who was telling me how dull the football was under Hughton and this was before he was sacked. The guy was calling for his head for months before he was sacked.

The thing we have to consider though is whether Norwich had the players to play any other way without getting thumped. Hughton had kept them up for a season and looked like doing it last year as well. They never looked like staying up once they sacked him.

I was actually happy for NJ to get the manager's job but I hope CH will win me around, he has a good record at this level.

In answer to your did we have the players, yes we did. Played fantastic football under Lambert, players like Fox and Hoolahan key to an attacking fluent style of play.

Under hughton they were frozen out, and he spent the best part of £50 million on guys he couldn't get into his side like RVW.

We were the lowest scorers in all the league's last season under him, you'd have had to go down to the ninth tier to find lower scorers.

Look he might do a fine job here, championship is his level, but from a Norwich fan perspective, he is a terrible terrible football manager. Take some other form of entertainment when going to watch his team's play!

Canary

May 21, 2014
He is a really nice chap though, he spent a good five minutes talking to me and my mate after a pre season friendly, so you won't have any poyet style stuff with him on or off the pitch haha!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In answer to your did we have the players, yes we did. Played fantastic football under Lambert, players like Fox and Hoolahan key to an attacking fluent style of play.

Under hughton they were frozen out, and he spent the best part of £50 million on guys he couldn't get into his side like RVW.

We were the lowest scorers in all the league's last season under him, you'd have had to go down to the ninth tier to find lower scorers.

Look he might do a fine job here, championship is his level, but from a Norwich fan perspective, he is a terrible terrible football manager. Take some other form of entertainment when going to watch his team's play!

I wonder if your view was the same during your promotion season ?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Horses for courses, where are you now? Not exactly lighting this league up, maybe your club has found its level. As for Lambert, not doing to well at Villa, a lot of fans do not want him, maybe you can get him back.Hughton has done well at Newcastle and Birmingham, no complaints from fans of the clubs about him. Just the wrong ingredients at Norwich

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Seem to be a solid appointment to me someone who has experience and has knowledge of the league, maybe not first pick but good luck Chris i hope this is the start of something good

Anyone come up with a new song for the gaffer yet?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Quote from Birmingham forum on thread about him joining us...

"The vast majority at the start of that season thought it would be an achievement to finish top half. Regardless of what you think in retrospect, it's true. We were in turmoil

As it is he gave us a great campaign playing some wonderful football, anyone at the Nacional home game or Millwall away game will attest to just how good some of it was"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I guess that we will have the same problem as Norwich when we get to the premier. Boring football and safety, or expansive football and relegation.

Decisions, Decisions :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Do they have webbed feet?

Bet your first to cry when a anti gay chant is directed towards us! Bigot!

Bore off

:catfight::catfight::catfight:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
So we go from when he was at Newcastle and they won the league scoring for fun, to being the worst attacking side in the all league's with Norwich. Think I will settle for somewhere in-between, (at least his track record shows that he has been a winner), survival first and then push on from there. Sherwood was my preferred choice but Hughton will get my full support until he proves otherwise.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I got a phone call from a friend at Birmingham City last night offering congratulations. Says Hughton is a lovely man and most importantly a very good manager and man manager who will represent the club well in every aspect. I did suggest I was concerned that he would play dull football but he thought that wasn't necessarily true suggesting he was pretty positive and adaptable at Newcastle and Blues and was perhaps only restricted at Norwich by budget and the need to compete against higher quality teams. Said he would be very involved in all aspects of the club and rated him for player recruitment and PR with the fans and within the club.
I came off the phone feeling quite a bit better about the appointment. Certainly good to continue the high profile and high quality appointments by Tony as befits the status we want to attain.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
image.jpg

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lol at Norwich fans. Comfortably clear of relegation and then sack him and now find themselves a good way clear off the top 2 with arguably the best squad ever in the champ.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
When I heard this morning, I was disappointed. Not the fact it's Chris Hughton, but I felt for Nathan Jones. Now I've had my coffee and feel a little more lucid, it's dawned on me....we're only 17 points off the playoffs!
Quite happy with him in charge and as I hate losing more than I like winning, I'll take boring, 1-0 wins all day long......I'd prefer 5-0 but hey ho
Chrissy Hughtons blue n white army

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports