Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: Burnley will show us our "our level"

Jan 10, 2014
When we get the Ings money then we will have spent as much as what we've got in from player sales. If you take into account that we haven't paid nearly £9 million for Gray yet (and may never do) then we would have made a profit on player trading.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When we get the Ings money then we will have spent as much as what we've got in from player sales. If you take into account that we haven't paid nearly £9 million for Gray yet (and may never do) then we would have made a profit on player trading.

I don't mean to rain on your parade mate but my point that I was trying to get across was that at the start of the season CH thought the top 4 sides would have been Boro Derby Burnley and QPR. It wasn't about Burnley's ability to balance the books. Although I am pleased that you have

Jan 10, 2014
I wasn't responding to you NooBHA, I was just making a point about the content of the link that one of your fellow posters put up.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not a happy hunting ground for us, they are on a very strong run, we are all aware that we are a bit goal shy, they were playing United/Chelsea/Arsenal recently so little old Brighton's unbeaten record will not faze them in the slightest. I feel a draw will be a positive result for us.

Well if it is no worse than my memory of CMS ( absolutely useless according to many ) scoring two absolute crackers against them at Turfmoor in 2012 ? , I will be delighted.

Jan 10, 2014
Well if it is no worse than my memory of CMS ( absolutely useless according to many ) scoring two absolute crackers against them at Turfmoor in 2012 ? , I will be delighted.

He was absolutely brilliant that day. Only Carlos Tevez comes close in recent seasons for a brilliant individual opposition forward performance at t'Turf.

Feb 14, 2010
Are the team good enough? We shall see, but as it's Brighton I fully expect the team to fck it up. Brighton have a half decent side? Blimey its been way over 30 years so I still remain to be convinced. Ask me un May if I believe. There we go.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Burnley - Good manager strong defence, Midfield fiery and competive, Striker pace and power. Surprised they haven't scored more goals. Win games narrowly like us. Battered in 2nd half at Blackburn, but good strike and resilience to win. Hughton will set us up not to lose, Baldock missing (if injured) a big loss. I predict a 0-0 like last time, enjoyed the trip but getting home was a nightmare. Burnley will be close this season, but they are at home so i expect us to be tight and not give anything away. 2 week break could work in our favour, re=charge batteries, Kaz back, March and Murphy playing well. If no baldock, play March in behind Hemed, Leave Bobby on the bench.Looking at fixtures, all top six play each other up to Xmas, not just us who have difficult fixtures. We will be in top 6 at Xmas, which will be a good achievement, with January purchases?? to come. All looking godd as as far as i am concerned. No real negatives, as we are definitely over=achieving or the pack are under achieving??

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's probably why he thought the top 4 would be Boro, Derby QPR and Burnly at the start of the season. Sheff Wed did not do their spending till after the season was well underway

I don't think spending is necessarily aquainted with success in the Championship. A strong spine to the squad is probably more important. Three clubs: Boro, Derby and Wednesday seemed to have pushed the boat out a bit (spent above their income).

Boro, Derby QPR and Burnley are amongst our next fixtures.

I seem to agree with CH's comments (he does not give much away). I think we will know how we will compete by then end of the year.

Our competitor's fans think we will fall away like Forest did after going 19 games undefeated a few seasons back. I don't know how we will stand up to our next fixtures? It should be interesting. My prediction is if we can go undefeated so can the opposition.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Burnley - Good manager strong defence, Midfield fiery and competive, Striker pace and power. Surprised they haven't scored more goals. Win games narrowly like us. Battered in 2nd half at Blackburn, but good strike and resilience to win. Hughton will set us up not to lose, Baldock missing (if injured) a big loss. I predict a 0-0 like last time, enjoyed the trip but getting home was a nightmare. Burnley will be close this season, but they are at home so i expect us to be tight and not give anything away. 2 week break could work in our favour, re=charge batteries, Kaz back, March and Murphy playing well. If no baldock, play March in behind Hemed, Leave Bobby on the bench.Looking at fixtures, all top six play each other up to Xmas, not just us who have difficult fixtures. We will be in top 6 at Xmas, which will be a good achievement, with January purchases?? to come. All looking godd as as far as i am concerned. No real negatives, as we are definitely over=achieving or the pack are under achieving??

Teams compared: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...r-level-quot&p=7152621&viewfull=1#post7152621

I am optimistic. 4 star **** game v Burnley. I think our team as a whole have not been overachieving. Playing about par for their ability with Lualua producing the goods when needed put us at the top instead of just outside the play-offs. I think we are getting better after the last three games.

Last edited:

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Bugger better find a negative, Dunk's one or two errors a game. Damn i am a moaner now!!
Derby pass, pass,pass no end product based on 2nd Half at Forest.
Middlesbro prone to no goals in batches of games.
Hull strong on a good run,
Burnley, bit like us, win tight games with decent manager.
Birmingham doing well over-achieving, rely on Gray & Donaldson, poor at home against Wolves, but bounced back at unpredictable Fulham.
Chasing Pack
Reading score goals but inconsistent.
Sheff Wed spent lots massive club!!! chairman will lose patience with manager if not in top 6 by Xmas.
QPR will improve i expect under Warnock, but lack depth. Playing Boro away on friday, will watch with interest.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
2 seasons ago it was Burnley, everyone thought they'd fall away but didn't, last season it was Bournemouth. No reason it can't be us this season, we are organised with a few genuine match winners. We have no loans yet so have options to bring a couple in plus it appears we have transfer cash left needed. Bring it on.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
2 seasons ago it was Burnley, everyone thought they'd fall away but didn't, last season it was Bournemouth. No reason it can't be us this season, we are organised with a few genuine match winners. We have no loans yet so have options to bring a couple in plus it appears we have transfer cash left needed. Bring it on.

After 16 games, Burnley and Leicester were clear of the others. http://www.statto.com/football/teams/derby-county/2013-2014/table/2013-11-26

This season it is closer. I think the challengers will put together undefeated runs. So we have not only to keep up the pace, but I think we will have to improve to keep ahead.

I thought Burnley would falter, but not Bournemouth. Burnley drew lots of games as well, 15 all season. 5 in the first 16 (we have drawn 7).

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Addenda: by the end of that year, Burnley had an average Christmas and had been overtaken by Derby who ultimately failed to Bobby Z.

This could happen again.

Derby games:

17 21.11.2015 Cardiff City home
18 27.11.2015 Hull City away
19 06.12.2015 Sheffield Wednesday away
20 12.12.2015 Brighton and Hove A home
21 15.12.2015 Bristol City home
22 19.12.2015 Ipswich Town away
23 26.12.2015 Fulham home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here