Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Huddersfield Town -V- Brighton and Hove Albion*** Official Match Thread

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The positives of all these changes is that they will probably be unexpected by Huddersfield. They would have been preparing for other players' weaknesses, and hopefully they won't work. Perhaps they have prepared to be more defensive on their right expecting the marauding Bridge, which will weaken their attack giving Painter an easier time.

The last time Brez came in to replace the first choice keeper we beat Southampton 3-0. Mayb tht effect will play out. Though, I now tend to associate huddersfield with that 7-1 drubbing. I don't know what to expect today.

Thank God we don't have our Scottish wonder keeper available!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Ankergren injured so Brezovan comes into the squad, TK hurt a finger in the warm-up. Round pegs and round holes for Painter to come in for Bridge. Barnes makes sense as cover on the left given Painter's vulnerability against pace. Changes are enforced but seem fair enough to me - feel sorry for Dobbie but had to be done really, Orlandi undroppable, CMS our goalscorer and Buckley roasting players for fun. Crofts the only question for me, has he suffered a recurrence of his injury?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I know I will get pulled up for saying this, but why drop a guy who has got two in two and has just started to get his confidence back. He's a guy who plays and thrives on confidence and has started to look dangerous.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Brez was between the sticks on our post xmas mammoth unbeaten run last season so a strong replacement for TK.

Squad depth being tested but that is what makes the difference at this level. Still fancy us to sneak something today

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know I will get pulled up for saying this, but why drop a guy who has got two in two and has just started to get his confidence back. He's a guy who plays and thrives on confidence and has started to look dangerous.

Barnes will be needed as support for Painter on the left

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
come on you super seagulls

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Because one was a penalty so doesn't count, and the other he scored coming off the bench. Super sub!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Because we do not have our first choice, England international, left back playing, but our League 1 left back playing, so Barnes needs to cover for him, which Dobbie would not be good at doing. Tis the best option for today.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not confident at all now but happy to be proven wrong on that feeling! C'mon Seagulls!

The players on the pitch have been playing together all week in training , its not like Gus has brought in 5 players who don't know the set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here