Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] HRH The Queen

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A bit of a non-story. “Students take down picture from common room wall”

I’m more ashamed of our journalists thinking this was worth reporting. It was never anything other than a dog whistle for a certain demographic, and while I expect it of the Mail and the Sun, whose job is to keep Lower/Middle England in a state of barely contained apoplexy, it’s embarrassing to see Sky/BBC etc give it the time of day.

We need better editors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait for the huge amount of angry frightened people who will post here who misguidedly feel this is another erosion of their traditions and rights.

I wonder how they would feel if someone told them what was acceptable to have on their front room wall?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Reports that the student who drove this change was actually a student visiting from America ! (I’m embarrassed for myself )

Imagine if a British student tried to get a royal family portrait removed from a university in another country . They would be laughed at or worse .

Strange in this country we tolerate ‘ foreigners’ telling us what to do with our own British symbols .

It’s very insulting to the Queen .

I think if you did it here someone would help you take it down rather than "laugh or worse".

I struggle to see any other Western country caring about their royal family the way you seem to do over there. Well maybe in Norway, but they are ****tards.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I imagine they needed the space for their Euros 2021 wallchart and so I applaud their priorities on this matter.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yet another example of people who call others 'snowflakes' outing themselves as, er, 'snowflakes'.

What's worse is that people are displaying their OUTRAGE without actually knowing the full story –*just the version being run in the Royalist press...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Re-read the story.....it was the students and not the college themselves.

On this occasion, yes. Even then you could say that the students are attending a college, built with slave traders money, and supporting that institution?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On this occasion, yes. Even then you could say that the students are attending a college, built with slave traders money, and supporting that institution?

Oxford University was in existence in 1096 and possibly even in the time of Alfred the Great. Magdalen College was founded in 1458 by William of Waynflete.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I take it the same people outraged at this are still outraged at The Sex Pistols?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yet another example of people who call others 'snowflakes' outing themselves as, er, 'snowflakes'.

What's worse is that people are displaying their OUTRAGE without actually knowing the full story –*just the version being run in the Royalist press...

Broflakes.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I heard* it was being used as a dartboard and was taken down by pro-Royalists to stop people being disrespectful to Her Maj. Anyway, this is what happens when you ban smoking outside. I SAID it would all end in tears.

*I didn't really hear this, I just made it up.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I take it the same people outraged at this are still outraged at The Sex Pistols?

I bet they are, especially now good old John Lydon was a outspoken supporter of Brexit, Farage and Trump.

The unholy trinity for the worshipful order of outraged mattress soakers........of which you have platinum membership.

Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated? Good night.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
good old John Lydon was a outspoken supporter of Brexit, Farage and Trump.

Great article about why that was inevitable here:

"Donald Trump and his brand of populism are many things, including unapologetic, unsympathetic, and unabashedly self-serving. This particular strand of populism – which usually, populism does claim to serve the working-class – this is sort of an anti-intellectual populist movement, one that seeks to put the finger up to those who have supposedly run the show for so long. Is it really that surprising that Lydon is a Trump supporter?............Trump’s brand of conservatism, which seems to be closely connected with Boris Johnson’s and Nigel Farage’s Brexit, is a kind of political action which presents itself as an anti-political political movement; not unlike Lydon’s Public Image Ltd’s “anti-music music”. This would explain Lydon’s support of this new brand of conservatism. Lydon believes Trump is the antichrist, as many do, actually. While this is the reason that so many people do not like Trump, this is the exact reason why Lydon likes him."
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/johnny-rotten-conservative-donald-trump/

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I bet they are, especially now good old John Lydon was a outspoken supporter of Brexit, Farage and Trump.

The unholy trinity for the worshipful order of outraged mattress soakers........of which you have platinum membership.

Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated? Good night.

:tantrum:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Great article about why that was inevitable here:

"Donald Trump and his brand of populism are many things, including unapologetic, unsympathetic, and unabashedly self-serving. This particular strand of populism – which usually, populism does claim to serve the working-class – this is sort of an anti-intellectual populist movement, one that seeks to put the finger up to those who have supposedly run the show for so long. Is it really that surprising that Lydon is a Trump supporter?............Trump’s brand of conservatism, which seems to be closely connected with Boris Johnson’s and Nigel Farage’s Brexit, is a kind of political action which presents itself as an anti-political political movement; not unlike Lydon’s Public Image Ltd’s “anti-music music”. This would explain Lydon’s support of this new brand of conservatism. Lydon believes Trump is the antichrist, as many do, actually. While this is the reason that so many people do not like Trump, this is the exact reason why Lydon likes him."
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/johnny-rotten-conservative-donald-trump/

Enjoys his Irish passport though :thumbsup:

Just another art school punk turned Boomer.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This, naturally.

Is there a better example of the bull shit manufactured 'culture wars' than this story?

Most surprising thing about it for me is a bunch of students put up a picture of the Queen in the first place. Each to their own and all that but, aren't there more exciting things to life when you are that age?

I know, right. Wtf is happening to our students:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And fair play [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]. You had me; champagne is back in the fridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here