Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] HRH The Queen

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Would I be right to assume that if these colleges etc really do feel shamed about their founders past and how the money donated was came upon that they'll all sell their significant investment funds, buildings and empty their bank accounts and return all that money to the appropriate reparation fund?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You don't half post some nonsense.

D85DB43B-C9E3-448C-9361-4757ECC64470.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Imagine having so little going on in your life that you have the time to get outraged because someone took a picture you'll never see off a wall you'll never see in a room you'll never go in at an institution you'll never visit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Imagine having so little going on in your life that you have the time to get outraged because someone took a picture you'll never see off a wall you'll never see in a room you'll never go in at an institution you'll never visit

It’s such a useful distraction from a court ruling a minister is corrupt. So many dead cats

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I remember there being similar uproar when a poster of Sam Fox was taken down from our Common Room. We soon got over it!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Would I be right to assume that if these colleges etc really do feel shamed about their founders past and how the money donated was came upon that they'll all sell their significant investment funds, buildings and empty their bank accounts and return all that money to the appropriate reparation fund?

Re-read the story.....it was the students and not the college themselves.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
How many 18-25 year olds have picture of the Queen on their bedroom/living room walls. In fact how many NSC peeps have a picture of the queen in their entire house. Guessing its pretty low.

So in terms of the story its as simple as young people removing picture that didn't resonate with them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a maudlin thread.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Reports that the student who drove this change was actually a student visiting from America ! (I’m embarrassed for myself )

Imagine if a British student tried to get a royal family portrait removed from a university in another country . They would be laughed at or worse .

Strange in this country we tolerate ‘ foreigners’ telling us what to do with our own British symbols .

It’s very insulting to the Queen .

You ever heard of the British Empire and the 'antics' that went on in 'foreign lands' by the British? Far more bloodier and sinister than the removal of a little picture.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How many 18-25 year olds have picture of the Queen on their bedroom/living room walls. In fact how many NSC peeps have a picture of the queen in their entire house. Guessing its pretty low.

So in terms of the story its as simple as young people removing picture that didn't resonate with them.

I suspect we can name them all, though. :lolol:

Top fishing, Crodo :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here