[News] HRH Prince Philip has died

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He was sailing off the Isle of Wight one year when the skipper of another boat shouted: "Oi! Out of the way, Stavros!" Philip yelled back: "It's not Stavros, and it's my wife's f*cking water so I'll do what I f*cking well please.”

Not sure that one will make the Archbishop of Canterbury’s final cut

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He was sailing off the Isle of Wight one year when the skipper of another boat shouted: "Oi! Out of the way, Stavros!" Philip yelled back: "It's not Stavros, and it's my wife's f*cking water so I'll do what I f*cking well please."

For that reason alone he gets a :bowdown:...and he thought Nicholas Witchell was a complete ****.

Often in the Royal Parks because where live as are local friends and family. Similar story where he was driving his carriage and a friend of my mother in law was yelled at “Good morning madam, get out of the f***ing way” as he hurtled past! Brilliant! Rip Prince :lolol::bowdown:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
RIP. Very sad day for HM and his family and many of us who respect his years of dedication to serving his country.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination and don't tend to feel the need to mourn people I never knew or met. I sympathise though with his relatives and can't understand the mentality of people that need to have a pop. RIP.

At times like these, it's a shame to see how far society as a whole has moved from the old idea that if you've got nothing good to say, don't say it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nationalist organisations in Northern Ireland have called off tonight’s riots as a mark of respect.

I'm surprised and delighted that there appears to be no thread on this on NSC.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must admit when I was driving to the tip and it came over the radio "we interrupt this programme.." my first thought was, I wonder if I could hide in one of the big metal bins?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

EUY7--4U0AAVDPz.jpg

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I was very sad to hear of the Duke of Edinburgh's passing. A great life and served this country very well.

And I did laugh when he described the iSore as 'terrible'.

RIP Sir.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought he was hilarious. He was one of a generation that will always be understood in context of their time.

I think subscribers to the current, mostly healthy, liberal puritanism we have now struggle with why Generation X still have time for such people. So if anyone wants to find something good and is struggling just take the fact that he was a frontline serviceman in the war when the rest of his siblings supported the other side.

That should silence a few pious trolls.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
RIP. Genuine war hero to boot. A life of duty. DofE awards as one of many lasting legacies. Rest in Peace.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A friend of my late father lived very close to Balmoral and would often attend church with the Windsors. They had there own area curtained off for chapel but my fathers friends little boy was on the collection plate and kept shaking his plate at the Duke. He was obviously ushered away but the cheeky little chap wouldn’t give up and had no idea about the royals carrying money etc. etc...
Upon his second attempt to get money out of the Duke a big booming voiced sounded out, “Persistent little beggar isn’t he”

I sort of warmed to him a bit after that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I met Phillip on a number of occasions. Unsurprisingly arrogant, unforgivably rude and dismissive, and unashamedly racist. Condolence to his family but from personal experience a deeply unpleasant man.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s an Internet message board in the grand scheme of things. Never understand why people get so precious about RIP threads.

If you hate the royal family from your armchair, Philip or anyone else, stay away from these threads.

NSC has never been a free for all for your likes to stick your bitchy two pennies worth into a thread about someone who’s just passed away. Whether they be famous, an ex footballer or whoever.

You’re confusing NSC with twatter and Facebook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports