Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] HRH Prince Philip has died

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I’m just partaking of a small tot of Pusser’s rum, in his memory.
Fair winds and calm seas.

Pusser`s is heaven on the tongue , but as he was an old warhorse i see him drinking Lambs Navy Rum , either way i have lifted a glass or two to one of the few who spoke his mind and made us laugh

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would be nice to close this thread now with an RIP. Any other type of chat could be put on a new thread. x

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Rest in peace, a true gentleman of his time.

Thank you for your service.

You will be truly missed.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not a royalist but its been good to see so many flags outside houses and the coverage.

After all that shambles the other week with Harry and Meghan and the looney left trying to make it into yet another campaign its nice to see that the country are behind the royal family and dare I say it stick fingers up at the recent goings on.

Sad circumstance's of course but good to see not everyone has lost the plot in this lockdown

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I don't visit NSC everyday and wasn't around yesterday. Quite amazed to see any DoE thread still on the BB. I would have expected it to fall into the Bear Pit no later than page 7or 8.

An old man died yesterday. That is sad for his family. Thousands of other citizens will have lost loved ones too. The loss to those families is equally tragic. How many of the latter must feel their loss is somehow inferior and less important due to the current media circus surrounding another old mans passing? Prince Phil's loss is no more tragic than that of other families who lost loved one's yesterday.

In summary, hereditary monarchy is an outdated concept that belongs in a bygone era. I don't expect change to happen anytime soon. The great British public aren't programmed by the mass media to consider a constitutional alternative just yet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't visit NSC everyday and wasn't around yesterday. Quite amazed to see any DoE thread still on the BB. I would have expected it to fall into the Bear Pit no later than page 7or 8.

An old man died yesterday. That is sad for his family. Thousands of other citizens will have lost loved ones too. The loss to those families is equally tragic. How many of the latter must feel their loss is somehow inferior and less important due to the current media circus surrounding another old mans passing? Prince Phil's loss is no more tragic than that of other families who lost loved one's yesterday.

In summary, hereditary monarchy is an outdated concept that belongs in a bygone era. I don't expect change to happen anytime soon. The great British public aren't programmed by the mass media to consider a constitutional alternative just yet.

It’s no more tragic (barely read anything that suggests it is ‘tragic’ at all), but it’s far more newsworthy......and what’s your qualification to promulgate a determination on the ‘Great British Public’ exactly?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Shame you visited today really isn’t it?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

[emoji2357].

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

What a load of presumptuous claptrap. My father died just before Christmas; I don’t feel the significance of his death so far as me and my family are concerned is in anyway diminished by the passing of Prince Phillip. We don’t see it as a competition and I’m sure the Queen doesn’t either.

Ironically, this thread probably would have dropped off the first page if people who couldn’t care less stopped bouncing it to let us all know they couldn’t care less.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis

And who are you to speak for the Great British public ? Another left wing bellend

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The reason this thread hasn't gone into the bear pit is because people who might have derailed it had the common decency to not post on it, or if they did post, they limited themselves to a polite message of condolence without indulging their need to push their agenda at every possible opportunity, regardless of how inappropriate that opportunity might be.

Shame you didn't too.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure how to best describe BBC coverage, both TV and radio. How about "nauseating" as a starter? Also boring, repetitive, pointless. I bet Philip would not be impressed to know what claptrap is being broadcast.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure how to best describe BBC coverage, both TV and radio. How about "nauseating" as a starter? Also boring, repetitive, pointless. I bet Philip would not be impressed to know what claptrap is being broadcast.

Don't watch it then - at least 400 other channels to choose from :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’m just partaking of a small tot of Pusser’s rum, in his memory.
Fair winds and calm seas.

So many ex navy mates have ended their comments with.

Fair winds and calm seas

Very moving

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

eight days
Britain has entered eight days of mourning for the Duke of Edinburgh during which flags will be flown at half mast, TV presenters will wear black and Parliament will pass no new laws.38

So there is more to come!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here