Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How’s your England mojo?

How’ your England mojo?

Results are only viewable after voting.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have experienced World Cup finals in America and France and followed England over the years. The decision to support Qatar’s bloody competition by FIFA, the FA and the PFA goes against everything I stand for as an individual. I have never been so disgusted by what is going on with English football in my lifetime.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Nice big list already of people who won't be posting anything football related between a day after the Villa game and Boxing Day. Enjoy the silence guys.
There’ll be shit to talk on the political threads and one of the highlights of NSC is the ability for “Air Fryers” to rank alongside “Mitoma” and “Tory Meltdown Part 2” all putting themselves in the shop window for our attention.

Anything I post on the World Cup will be informed by things I’ve read on here, and possibly a follow-up search for footage. I normally support England in a “waiting for the domestic season to start” kind of way, but can’t bring myself to feel anything about this one.

NSC is the gift that keeps on giving. Especially during the off-season/winter break.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Was going so well until “go all the way”

Dreamer, there has been NOTHING in the last few months that suggests that is even a remote possibility. Albion have a better chance of making the Champion‘s Leag

Was going so well until “go all the way”

Dreamer, there has been NOTHING in the last few months that suggests that is even a remote possibility. Albion have a better chance of making the Champion‘s League
Two very simple words for you.

Greece.

Denmark.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
My England mojo is low. We will be hampered by injuries, and players low on confidence, not to mention the likely stolid tactics and selection. I'd like to be surprised of course. The prospect of the tournament itself is hugely depressing for the reasons that others have listed above. I probably won't go all out on a personal boycott, but where I live many of the games will air at 2am and 5am, so I will have a bed protest. I hope none of our lads get injured, unless, of course. a slight knock means Boehly bucks go elsewhere.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
What’s the problem? It’s not Englands choice to play there but they have qualified and WILL play there!

The ‘I’m supporting Ecuador’ (who have also qualified and will also play there) brigade make me laugh…

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mine is lower than my Albion mojo has been since the last days of CH

I have no enthusiasm for this upcoming spectacle and as things stand I will have more interest in Ecuador, Belgium and Japan than England

Things may change if Waistcoat man gets us playing well, but I am not holding my breath and the idea of backing Kane and Maguire makes me feel nauseous :wink:

I’d like to say I won’t be watching but I am not mentally strong enough to ignore a football tournament when there is no PL football for my fix in the middle of winter. If it was a summer tournament I might have been able to bin watching it.
That’s about where I am. A mixture of not being inspired by England and not liking the location.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nice big list already of people who won't be posting anything football related between a day after the Villa game and Boxing Day. Enjoy the silence guys.
I'm not aware the World Cup being on prevents discussion about other football. Or is that another diktat from Qatar ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure that anyone other than @sheebo does on the votes so far
Thanks for the tag, but I don’t post on these threads and have learnt not to as they hurt my soul… Looking forward to the WC of course but don’t think we’ll do that well.

And obviously the WC and euros are all about watching the games out with lots of people cheering for the same team - Christ knows what planet some people live on but it must be a bit boring 🤣👍

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I voted 4, and thought It would show me as a pessimist. Relative to the rest of you, seems I’m an optimist!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not aware the World Cup being on prevents discussion about other football. Or is that another diktat from Qatar ?
Not at all. I’m sure there will be plenty of non World Cup football chat that everyone will be engaging with. Particularly looking forward to the County League match day threads

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A solid three.

I don’t like any of our players or the manager, and I’m not that bothered how well they do in the tournament.

Really looking forward to watching the Brighton lads playing though, hopefully they’ll stay injury free, won’t be too knackered when they return and have a great experience.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very low. And I support England. I hate all the people who fall over themselves to post on England match threads about how much they 'don't care' about England, and even more I hate those who are English but actively support (or at least say they support) another country. (And they're probably the same people who rant about Brighton locals supporting teams like Liverpool but I'll let that pass).

But Jeez, it's so hard to get any sort of enthusiasm for either Southgate's England or this corrupt farce of a 'Christmas in July' World Cup. And yes I acknowledge all the good things Southgate has done off the pitch with mental health, racism, etc, but he is so USELESS as an actual football manager that it's depressing.

I probably will watch the England games, if I'm not too busy with Christmas preparations. But it will be more out of a sense of duty.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I originally clicked zero then felt I was being overly unpatriotic so clicked 4 this coming World Cup leaves me total disinterested, it might change after it starts but currently I have never known such personal apathy

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It'll be nice talking about England, regardless of how well they do or don't do, without the same old people falling over themselves to tell us all how little they care and spouting the same old tiresome bollocks.

My MOJO was at a neutral 5 or 6 with my focus still on the Albion but it's gone up a notch or two in anticipation of no whingers posting...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Because if the dullard Southgate managed to get them to a semi final, even your glorious self would have managed it. Therefore, someone who knows what they were doing would have won the tournaments. Your defence of Southgate is futile. He is a disgrace, and hated even more then Potter.
Sven Goran-Eriksen couldn't manage it and he had the "golden generation" to pick from

You believe the current crop are better than: Owen, Rooney, Rio, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Scholes, Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell etc etc ? Even with that embarrasment of riches we could only muster a quarter final.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’d like to care about England’s games but I can’t ignore 6,750 deaths of the workers in Qatar.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As I won't be watching this World Cup, it's a zero.

I look forward to the next competition, although TBH I'm a) fed up with some of these competitions they make us play and b) despondent at Southgate's boring football, the most it will get lifted to is a 5.

But for now, I'd urge as many as possible to turn their back on this competition. Qatar is not a footballing nation, it has stolen this competition. Many fans can not be themselves in Qatar (being a little less gay is not an option). The number of workers who have died building the infrastructure is an abomination (it's not the 37 claimed by the Qataris and may not be the 6500 claimed by The Guardian, but the Pakistani mission has reported the deaths 800+ have died.

Meanwhile on January 26, 2022, FIFA’s president Gianni Infantino said at the European Council in Strasbourg that only three workers died in construction of football stadiums for World Cup 2022 in Qatar. He said: “When I hear today that 6,500 people died in the building of football stadiums in Qatar, it is simply not true. Because the real figures are three people who passed away.” FIFA is still the corrupt and blind organisation that is has always been.

Sadly, according to France 24 The Guardia are wrong, as they think the death toll could be higher.

And here is a real human story, from a worker whose family was asked to pay for the repatriation of the body.
Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/nation...g-qatar-world-cup-project-report-1155209.html

There is lots of lovely non-league football on during the World Cup. Please consider watching that instead.

I really feel for fans who are torn and wouldn't dream of judging anyone that does watch. After all, it's supposed to be our game and organisations like FIFA allow regimes like Qatar and others to ride roughshod over it in the interests of money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here