Votes: 69 32.5%
  • Full on Oliver Reed mode

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Significantly less.

I'm in isolation and I've got one case of beer to last me the 14 days.

Got through 4 days only had 2 bottles. Planning on a party night soon where I have 3 or 4!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry to tell you Bozza but you have to keep up the not drinking much / at all if you want to keep the weight off and stay healthy. I found this out to my cost

I don't think that's the case if I'm running...

Last year I lost exactly three stone (15st 10lb -> 12st 10lb) between January 2nd and July 25th when I went completely dry. I wasn't able to run at all during that time.

In the eight months since, I've been able to resume running and I also resumed drinking. My weight has slowly drifted down by another seven pounds or so. If I wasn't drinking at all, then I'd clearly weigh a bit less but I'm not bothered about weighing any less.

I weigh myself every Monday morning, and if the scales have me at or above 12st 10lb then that's my signal to be a bit more careful again.

EDIT: that's weight, anyway. I won't dispute the health point!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Eye-wateringly expensive where you live in any case tho eh? Combined with a long dark winter, wouldn't wish it on me worst enemy. Especially as you Scandos for the time being can no longer go head-mental on strong Winter sunshine and GORGE on what you must consider as nearly free beer in the Canaries. Nevermind, all things must pass. For all of us

If you go to a bar, its very expensive. Maybe on average £5,5 for a beer and £9 for a shot.

At Systembolaget things are also expensive though some products are roughly the same as in most of Europe. Expensive wines are far cheaper here though than most places abroad, I knew a guy from London who made thousands of pounds a month coming here twice every month to import (borderline smuggle) wine.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
More. Anxiety levels are up. End up drinking more at home.

I'm missing the casual companionability of the pub where I'd normally just have a pint or two.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
More. Anxiety levels are up. End up drinking more at home.

I'm missing the casual companionability of the pub where I'd normally just have a pint or two.

Worth seeing if you can hold a virtual pub session using Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts or whatever with mates. Have a couple of beers and have a face-to-face catchup.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Less, I’d say. A single beer or whiskey about 4 or five times a week. That would have been a couple of times a week previously, but there would have been 4/5 pints or so in a couple of pub trips too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely less. I’m not much of a home drinker. But, I had a few drinks on Wednesday after I’d collected some supplies from a craft beer bar turned bottle shop. And a few last night. I’ll pass tonight as I might do my long weekly run tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 2719

Drinking in times like this is just stupid, it's going to f**k with your head, just do the exercise instead.:thumbsup:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Less. Usually have 2 or 3 weekend sessions where I’ll have upwards of 6 pints along with a few at home.

I have one of the trackers and down to around 10-12 units a week.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Significantly more. Like a ****ing fish.

Need to stop.

We were not drinking alcohol Monday, Tuesday and wednesday but now everywhere is closed, have abandoned that until this is over.
:drink::drink:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Haven’t had a drink in 15 days. Like many on this thread I don’t drink that much at home.

Trying to keep all my vitamins and what not in my body and not lower my immune system.

#inittogether #stayathome

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Worth seeing if you can hold a virtual pub session using Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts or whatever with mates. Have a couple of beers and have a face-to-face catchup.
Yes, going to try and set this up.

It's just weird not seeing people in the pub - guys whom you scarcely know apart from their first name and what they drink and just having a quick word about life, sport etc. Strange thing to miss and pragmatically, I know I am fortunate compared to many. I guess it emphasises how different life has suddenly become.

D

Deleted member 2719

But what if you LIKE being stupid?!

Maybe you have had too many shandies already.:hilton:

It’s perfectly possible to do both.

This is true but, I think you will agree alcohol is bad for mental health and exercise is good for mental health, with extra pressure on everyone's mental health at the moment, it would be a great time to back off the booze, it's time to rebalance the scales in your favour.:smile:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
None for months. Maybe I'm a little bit under the thumb but first, being told to give up the cigarettes from my girlfriend (and a major health scare last year), and then all the damage that alcohol does to the body with dehydration, immune system not as good, putting on weight and saving money has all contributed to a fitter person.

Healthier body = healthier mind. Very important when I/we turn on the news and the depressing headlines are read out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Didn’t drink much before, not drinking much now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
None for months. Maybe I'm a little bit under the thumb but first, being told to give up the cigarettes from my girlfriend (and a major health scare last year), and then all the damage that alcohol does to the body with dehydration, immune system not as good, putting on weight and saving money has all contributed to a fitter person.

Healthier body = healthier mind. Very important when I/we turn on the news and the depressing headlines are read out.

i'm hammering it i'm afraid ....just a bloody lush.....:ffs:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here