Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But, despite all this I am drinking too much. I’ll knock it on the head - maybe not today though - it’s Saturday after all!

I'm also fit as a fiddle running wise but overdoing the booze. Mine is definitely stress related though. I'm with you, I have a couple of bottles of wine in the house to get rid of this weekend and then it's back to the wagon.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Last night was the first drink I had for a while. My local had a pub quiz via WhatsApp, so it almost felt natural. A couple of juicy 6% NEIPAs though and my album cover knowledge was ruined

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Generally try to not drink Mon to Fri, but as near to the "at risk" category, stuff that I don't want to leave any behind! So when I fancy it, down it goes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Been in isolation for nearly 6 weeks now, due to other illness, and 5 weeks and 6 days without alcohol.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is true but, I think you will agree alcohol is bad for mental health and exercise is good for mental health, with extra pressure on everyone's mental health at the moment, it would be a great time to back off the booze, it's time to rebalance the scales in your favour.:smile:

I'm not sitting her advocating everyone starts drinking heavily, I was merely answering the question posed.

And, whilst I'm certainly aware that some do suffer mentally when drinking, I'm less convinced it's that significant for me. I enjoy a drink - always have done and, I suspect, always will do.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Stopped going out a week before the pubs closed down and since then I've got through a quarter of a bottle of Laphroaigh, a couple of cans of Guinness and a nice bottle of red, keeping track of my consumption as I have been known to go over the top but overall it's less than I normally have. Need to keep it that way as I'm in the vulnerable group and am getting lots of help so I don't want to take the piss by going on the piss.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
An awful lot less.

I’m a pub drinker and always have been. Very rare for me to drink at home full stop but because I like a beer people always buy me stuff for birthdays and Christmas. This year my sister got me some home tap system which is basically a beer sodastream. Used it on Christmas Day and hadn’t used it since until yesterday. But that was my first drink in a week. Today I’m ploughing through a box from Beer52 that I got for my birthday 18 months ago.

What this situation is going to do is show me how much money I spend in pubs on a weekly basis. I’m expecting it to be an eye opener!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I've disciplined myself to once a week on Friday when I have a virtual meet up with friends.

I look forward to that event and to be honest, having a point of focus like that makes it much
easier to abstain during the rest of the week and I enjoy the Friday that much more.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Morrisons had Magic Rock Highwire in today so that is the drink I shall be overdoing tonight

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I only drink socially, so have stopped completely. Looking forward to that first ice cold beer in one of the seafront bars when all this is over.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Not a massive drinker. I had 2 cans of cider the other night before starting a week of being on call where I can't drink at all, which obviously means the other 2 cans keep staring at me in the fridge every time I open it, calling to me.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I've got a Growler of Tapestry Brewery 'Latest Haze' a 5.2% NEIPA, plus some interesting cans, including a Malbec Stout, which could be a thing of wonder, or could be a pile of gash

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not had a drink for weeks, smoking quite a bit though through boredom

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've got a Growler of Tapestry Brewery 'Latest Haze' a 5.2% NEIPA, plus some interesting cans, including a Malbec Stout, which could be a thing of wonder, or could be a pile of gash

I would imagine anything kept in a growler would end up a pile of gash...….

(sorry - and hope you are ok as I assume work has somewhat dried up? Really feel for anyone in the hospitality trade).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here