• It's, like, OK you know

Votes: 36 19.7%
  • So-so

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • It's a bit down in the dumps

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Fading

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • It's never been this bad. Kill me now.

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Enjoying it this season and feel things will get better and better on the pitch, so mojo on the up.

Maybe I should care more about the infighting in the higher echelons, the cost of pies and being called a customer rather than a fan. However, I pay my money, get to as many home games as I can and do a few away ones and feel no need to let the club know what I don't like as I mostly love all things Amex. There are plenty of young bucks and easily offended older fans who will carry on any fight about things that they feel strongly about, so the fans who care enough will still make themselves heard and keep the powers that be "honest". These days I just go for the football and a drink or two the rest washes over my head. Not much to get upset about for me.

Really pleased that the Gus after effects seem to be almost gone now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
For me, the jury's still out on Garcia. We won't know how we're really progressing until we have some of our key players back, but we do look well positioned for a top half/possible play-offs finish.

The style of football so far this season has been disappointing. I still can't understand the need for OG to change the way we were playing. If it ain't broke, etc... I really miss watching us pass teams off the park with the flair and style we had last season. Maybe the possession football will come once we have a settled team, but at the moment we are playing just like any other Championship side whereas last season - although we were often lacking the end product - we were truly a class apart.

Agree about the increasing distance between the club and the fans, it was always inevitable with the new stadium and the bigger crowds that we would become more of a corporate entity but something extra does seem to have been lost this season, probably because of the departure of Gus, Charlie and Tanno who were all personalities who had a rapport with the supporters.

The feel good factor is mostly dependent on results, though - I'm sure if we go on a bit of winning run and edge in to the top 6, most of the gripes will disappear.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Enjoying it this season and feel things will get better and better on the pitch, so mojo on the up.

Maybe I should care more about the infighting in the higher echelons, the cost of pies and being called a customer rather than a fan. However, I pay my money, get to as many home games as I can and do a few away ones and feel no need to let the club know what I don't like as I mostly love all things Amex. There are plenty of young bucks and easily offended older fans who will carry on any fight about things that they feel strongly about, so the fans who care enough will still make themselves heard and keep the powers that be "honest". These days I just go for the football and a drink or two the rest washes over my head. Not much to get upset about for me.

Really pleased that the Gus after effects seem to be almost gone now.

Pretty much the same as all of this.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fading ever so slightly and nothing a few exciting games probably won't fix.

But I think that is more my love of football in general than the Albion.

Well, my general football mojo is on a downward decline, but it has been for years. The more you see of the Premier League the more you lose the will to live. Talentless tossers paid such ridiculous money that they lose all touch with the reality of human existence and consider themselves gods but stick them in an England shirt and they can't pass the ball two yards, owners who come in and think nothing of changing the name or colours of a club that existed before their grandchildren were born or the country that they come from even existed (probably) because red is a lucky colour in some tropical hell-hole better known for sex tourism and executing people for smuggling a bit of weed, and people being so desperate to reach the so-called promised land of the Premier League (and they're so pig-ignorant that they STILL CALL IT THE PREMIERSHIP ALTHOUGH IT HASN'T BEEN THAT FOR YEARS) that they welcome these muppets with open arms instead of telling them to eff off, their money's no good here, administrators who think it's a great idea to reward relegated clubs with enormous parachute payments so that they can come back after a season at the expense of better-run clubs and have another go at failing all over again ...

Sorry. I'll go and have a bit of a lie-down.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, my general football mojo is on a downward decline, but it has been for years. The more you see of the Premier League the more you lose the will to live. Talentless tossers paid such ridiculous money that they lose all touch with the reality of human existence and consider themselves gods but stick them in an England shirt and they can't pass the ball two yards, owners who come in and think nothing of changing the name or colours of a club that existed before their grandchildren were born or the country that they come from even existed (probably) because red is a lucky colour in some tropical hell-hole better known for sex tourism and executing people for smuggling a bit of weed, and people being so desperate to reach the so-called promised land of the Premier League (and they're so pig-ignorant that they STILL CALL IT THE PREMIERSHIP ALTHOUGH IT HASN'T BEEN THAT FOR YEARS) that they welcome these muppets with open arms instead of telling them to eff off, their money's no good here, administrators who think it's a great idea to reward relegated clubs with enormous parachute payments so that they can come back after a season at the expense of better-run clubs and have another go at failing all over again ...

Sorry. I'll go and have a bit of a lie-down.

Yeah but how is your ALBION mojo?

Have to say I have had pretty well no interest in the Premier League apart from a vague watching of MOTD on a Sunday morning or evening so although I realise it is a league with obscene money thrown at it, I have no more than a passing interest. Although I have watched more this season just to see Palace suffer.

England? Hardly bother, although I have enjoyed the last two games and, although no world beater, I like the way Hodgson comes across and how he seems to have instilled some pride in players wearing an England shirt. I could get interested again.

I guess if like you and Walt, the Premier League is something you have to be involved in because of your work, it's very different.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yeah but how is your ALBION mojo?

Have to say I have had pretty well no interest in the Premier League apart from a vague watching of MOTD on a Sunday morning or evening so although I realise it is a league with obscene money thrown at it, I have no more than a passing interest. Although I have watched more this season just to see Palace suffer.

England? Hardly bother, although I have enjoyed the last two games and, although no world beater, I like the way Hodgson comes across and how he seems to have instilled some pride in players wearing an England shirt. I could get interested again.

I guess if like you and Walt, the Premier League is something you have to be involved in because of your work, it's very different.

I answered the Albion mojo higher up the thread. But I agree that I like the cut of Hodgson's jib as an England manager. England are almost worth watching again. I used to prefer going to the dentist.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
5 out 10 for me. I miss the quality of football played under Gus. Happy to give Oscar time to build his team. Do not like the back stabbing now going on by Dick Knight. Better to have kept quiet. Feel less involved with the club than the Withdean years. However, still cannot beat 3.00pm on Saturday at the Amex.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
For me, the jury's still out on Garcia. We won't know how we're really progressing until we have some of our key players back, but we do look well positioned for a top half/possible play-offs finish.

The style of football so far this season has been disappointing. I still can't understand the need for OG to change the way we were playing. If it ain't broke, etc... I really miss watching us pass teams off the park with the flair and style we had last season. Maybe the possession football will come once we have a settled team, but at the moment we are playing just like any other Championship side whereas last season - although we were often lacking the end product - we were truly a class apart.

Agree about the increasing distance between the club and the fans, it was always inevitable with the new stadium and the bigger crowds that we would become more of a corporate entity but something extra does seem to have been lost this season, probably because of the departure of Gus, Charlie and Tanno who were all personalities who had a rapport with the supporters.

The feel good factor is mostly dependent on results, though - I'm sure if we go on a bit of winning run and edge in to the top 6, most of the gripes will disappear.

So second in the possession table for the season isn't possession-football?

I agree we don't have quite the same identity/style yet, but you can't have a pop at our ability to retain the ball.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
At the moment it's at an all time low, has been since 'that game' i have a ST and only have been once and that was the Millwall game, they were bad but we made them look good, got hardly any mojo for it at the moment, but am looking forward to boxing day as charlton is usually a good day out

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So so.

I think there is an element of doing something regularly for so many years has turned it into something that is done out of habit has made me feel like I go out of habit rather than love.

There is also that it feels like we've not yet clicked, that as much as we've had injuries to deal with, new players bedding in that we still should have done better in some games. Blackburn was the first game I remember us not starting the second half on the back foot.

It's still rankles that this site keeps getting threatened with libel suits. Because of the club's press releases in the final week or two of the gus situation and the various 'highly placed, reliable sources' that leaked such widely contradictory information it seems like everything the club says I hear with a heavy dose of cynicism, question what they are trying to spin. That causes me to feel disconnected from the club.

My mojo is improving on earlier this season, but is not yet at a level I'd call good or even ok.

I think my mojo is still at this level. I can't decide if that is good because it means I'm not simply being swayed by results, or bad because it means I'm not enjoying this run (and the potential upswing to come) as much as I could...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well I'm now loving it and missed the Albion fix (even though it felt like it was continuing with a stuttering and eventually useless Seagulls player link when we played on Saturday) during the International break.

Lots of games coming up and a feel good factor about Garcia and the team at the moment. This could all be dashed in the next few weeks but at the moment I am now enjoying this season more than I did at the same stage last season. I remember being incredibly frustrated by some of our performances around this time last season where we were snatching draws from victories. This year we seem to be capable of snatching victories from draws.

Watching Oscar's team seldom sends me away from a game thinking, " we ****ed that up".

Watch us crash and burn now :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've only just voted, and voted good and rising, but I think I would have voted the same nearly two weeks ago when the thread was started. So it is not just because of the three wins in a row.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here