• It's, like, OK you know

Votes: 36 19.7%
  • So-so

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • It's a bit down in the dumps

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Fading

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • It's never been this bad. Kill me now.

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Cheers Bozza, I didn't want to start a thread about it, although at the time I was tempted. I really don't want to make a sing and dance, but if the club want to know if I'm happy or not I'll tell them how I feel, as honestly as possible.

I've never, ever, had any problems with stewards before and I'm hoping the last couple of weeks is a blip while they're ''cracking down'' or whatever. The stewards have a difficult job, they don't want to have to tell me to 'keep it down', (Although they weren't as polite or non hostile as that) nor do I have any wish to spoil anybody's day - they're only doing a job and a very important one at that.

I love Brighton, I love the highs and the lows, I love seeing my family and sitting next to my brothers. If I was in the wrong here I'd keep my mouth shut but I've got a real chip on my shoulder about things I see as unjust. I'm not an unreasonable person, even if I am prone to a bit of 'rush of blood' type outbursts. It got to a stage last week where I felt if I started a chant, or joined it with something anti-palace or whatever, I'd be the one singled out and punished. It's not a great way to feel. As I say it's only the last couple of weeks, but there's a good way and a bad way to speak to fans. Going in all guns blazing and threatening ejection when a quite word would have sufficed isn't the right approach. Perhaps the steward in question mistakenly felt he had spoken to me before? But whatever, it's probably a mojo thing, in a couple of weeks I may be as happy as Larry. I'll be taking stock of a lot of things next week,

In the mean time, let's get some key players back and really see where we can go. I'm optimistic that we can have a good (and successful) season once Oscar has the whole squad at his disposal. On the pitch I'm very happy!

I personally have found the stewarding in the N1D gangway has been far far better this season so far, once or twice they have been up telling people to sit down BUT this has always been when small groups are standing with people behind sitting, not once has the order been given to make everybody sit.

Obviously this isn't the same for the whole stand then.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
5/10.

I admire OG, TB and even PB, glad the Gus issue has been put to bed, but the football has been a bit shapeless, and the civil war at the upper echelons at the club and the sometimes bullying behaviour to people who question the official line is stretching the gap between club and fans.

Absolutely this.

There seems to be a lot of RUMBLING in the background at the club. I understand the need to be more CORPORATE than we were at Withers, but there must be way of doing this without too much alienation.

We also seem to be relying massively on the return of the injured players. EVERY press conference seems to talk this up. It's important, but we need to keep it sensible. CMS, Ulloa etc will NOT drop SEAMLESSLY back into the team.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Down, and in the balance a bit. I was so thoroughly enjoying the ride under Gus and now that rug has been pulled away from under the table I don't know where everything stands right now, if the new manager is in any good or not, whether this team and style will be torn apart or not. Really its all a bit "after the lord mayor's show" right now.

The individual results don't matter, they're up and down, its just the general feel. Add to that my disgust at the new membership schemes, the rumblings of discontent between TB and DK and I could do with a few things to cheer me up. Hopefully my new shirt will arrive in Indonesia soon, and perhaps Oscar will suddenly start winning games with flair and giving us optimism for this season, and I hope all will be rosy in years to come.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've actually made a decision not to renew my West Stand Library season ticket next year. Some of you will no doubt have seen my comments about the cost which faces me each year (c. £1600/year to watch the Albion), and recently two fans who have sat behind me since the first game of the Amex have been removed and put in the North Stand by the stewards due to complaints about language. This has meant the atmosphere in the WSL has deteriorated to such an extent that I am no longer enjoying my visits, in the same way as I used to.

I'll still support the Albion, and go to games, but I won't be giving them the same amount as I do each year. I'm disappointed about the possible season ticket increases for the season ahead, and cannot justify the outlay anymore.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So so.

I think there is an element of doing something regularly for so many years has turned it into something that is done out of habit has made me feel like I go out of habit rather than love.

There is also that it feels like we've not yet clicked, that as much as we've had injuries to deal with, new players bedding in that we still should have done better in some games. Blackburn was the first game I remember us not starting the second half on the back foot.

It's still rankles that this site keeps getting threatened with libel suits. Because of the club's press releases in the final week or two of the gus situation and the various 'highly placed, reliable sources' that leaked such widely contradictory information it seems like everything the club says I hear with a heavy dose of cynicism, question what they are trying to spin. That causes me to feel disconnected from the club.

My mojo is improving on earlier this season, but is not yet at a level I'd call good or even ok.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Interesting thread. My personal Albion mojo is a bit more in equilbium at the moment with a conscious decision to take a step back and get back to simply enjoying the games and the Amex, seeing friends and all that, without concerning myself with level of expectation that was accumulating under Gus. As someone wisely said "It is the hope that kills you". I really like Garcia - a welcome antidote to the last days of Gus and the summer. There was a massive hangover from the play-off but that as they say is Lifebuoy, and is disappearing. I am happy that as a Club we are still doing the right things - getting the finances and infrastructure right - the training ground will be fantastic. Keep doing the right things and the rewards will come. We have got plenty of time.

Am I concerned about the Club distancing itself from the fans. Maybe I should be - but I am not. I prefer it now that supporting the Albion is back to the football and you do not feel part of some special interest protest group where you should really be doing more.

General football mojo is in transition. I have had a long dislike for the excesses of the game - but now I find myself just switching off more and more. The cult of personality of the managers (why do they bother with post-match interviews ?), the money (De Matteo £130K per WEEK and he is not even working - really ?), and the sheer cynicism (Barclays say thank-you - **** OFF!), and lack of self awareness. BT Sport took the biscuit last night with an appeal for the Phillippines last night - asking viewers for a text £5 contribution - having just spent £800M on a series of football matches. I will stop there as the list of what annoys me is increasing. Having said that - I still find the actual game, the passing, shooting, tackling, control, and all that as interesting as I have ever done. I think I just preferred it when it was more of a sport and less of a money-making exercise.

Anyway taking a step back and enjoying the simple things - I am looking forward to seeing and listening to Dick Knight on Monday, purchasing his book, getting him to sign it, and thanking the great man. Simple pleasures of the Albion.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
However in regards to The Albion specifically - I like Oscar, I like our squad and we have plenty of exciting players. It's not as exciting as when Gus was here, but back then was when anything was possible, we literally could beat anyone on our day. I'm not overly fussed about Premier League football, which is a bit of a mojo killer when as a fan there is no real incentive to go up. I'm at the point where an Albion win makes me happy, but not ecstatic - and I can shrug a poor result off fairly easily, rather than get a bit down about it like I used to.

You and me both brother.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
To be where we are in the league with all the injuries we have is little short of miraculous. Okay, we don't have as strong a footballing identity as we did under Gus, but with the constant, enforced team changes that's not surprising. And Oscar's willingness to give some young players a chance, especially JFC and Rohan Ince, is encouraging. I'd like to see Solly March get a few more minutes. And, of course, I may be able to buy a share in the club...

One BIG positive this season is seeing JFC playing regularly. He needs game time. Also Ince, although he is not a product of our youth system. And I would love to see more of March - other than at Lancing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
9/10.

I think we are on the edge of great times.

If we hang on to Liam and particularly Leo in January, then it'll probably go to 10 on Feb 1st.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Fading ever so slightly and nothing a few exciting games probably won't fix.

This for me. Bland football (in large parts), miserable looking manager (cheer up mate!) but that is probably due to the 'stars' being out injured. I'm sure the worst will soon be behind us and hopefully we can start showing some quality on the field. :)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It was bouncing against Blackburn, I sensed a real vibrant atmosphere due to the award of CEO of the year to barber and the improving fortunes of our boys on the pitch. I think people are coming round to the fact we're getting it right on and off the field and are rallying behind the cause again.

Fading tbh loved the archer years because i felt the club belong to the fans over this period,seems the club is a better run business now but customers are easily replaced,enjoying the view and football but find i'm happy to watch non league footie over the Albion,could be just an age thing i suppose but the sales pitch that gets slung the fans way is putting me off rather than making me desperate to spend even more.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Pretty positive, although a little lower due to international break getting in the way of the proper football.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
With regards to Mustafa and Biscuit's comments, tend to agree. I'm really happy with manager, team and performances in current circumstances, but the actual matchday experience is not the same. The whiff of corporatism (I understand the needs of FFP and everything) and the increased alienation of the fans is somewhat depressing. I'm hoping the impending return of CMS and his genuine love of playing and gratitude to the fans will give us all a lift. I bet you'll see a few more people staying until the end then to reciprocate his thanks at the end.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Was quite low over the summer with the Palace playoff disaster, and then the very public falling out with Poyet. But been very optimistic since Oscar took over. Can really see the direction he wants to take us and am very excited by it. Think he'll be able to take us further than Poyet would have, had he stayed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here