Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How you doing?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Tickets for the final please. :D
Only joking, it's a good thread to start. :thumbsup: People are taking a battering with money, mental & physical health and life in general. I'm the type of person that's generally a hinderance rather than a help but if I can do something to help I'll try.
Important thing is that people say they're not ok or could do with a hand. I can appreciate that's easier said than done but no-one will know someone is struggling unless they say. I think it's obvious on here that if they do say, there will be nothing but support. :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ll admit. I have to work every bit of overtime I can right now. I’m not in poverty but I used it be able to take a long weekend here and there. Now? Not a chance. I’m fine in the sense that I have that option. But damn! I could do with some time off 🤣

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I took myself off up to shetland for work and it’s improved my mental health no end just very tricky seeing the albion live
Shetland? Wow. That’s a beautiful place?

What work you doing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s pretty tough and harder then it was for sure. Guess that’s what happens when necessity bills are suddenly trebled and other things like food etc. But I also won’t buy into the doom and gloom shit the media are pushing & have been for a while. Trying to over egg it and panic people on the whole for me. But appreciate everyone is different. Quite tough mentally but getting there and talking when things are tough. Theres a lot of added stress and pressure for sure. Thanks for asking 👍 Feel better just writing that 😉

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Using the football as a counterbalance against the rest of it.

I’m not going to need a food bank and I’m still paying my way, but I’ve never felt poorer (or more afraid for my kids) in my entire adult life. I want to feel optimistic and positive about my country, it’s clear that the current lot offer nothing more than (badly) managed decline.

I agree with those who say that the Labour Party (in current form) would be an improvement on what we’ve got, but I fear they’ll be subject to the same pressures the current lot are, and all we’ll see is a slightly more palatable version of managed decline than we have at the moment.

Nobody is prepared to govern for the long-term, every policy seems designed for short-term political gain, or to appease capital, or to to keep their internal party’s momentum going until just past the next election.

It all feels a bit bleak here atm.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Using the football as a counterbalance against the rest of it.

I’m not going to need a food bank and I’m still paying my way, but I’ve never felt poorer (or more afraid for my kids) in my entire adult life. I want to feel optimistic and positive about my country, it’s clear that the current lot offer nothing more than (badly) managed decline.

I agree with those who say that the Labour Party (in current form) would be an improvement on what we’ve got, but I fear they’ll be subject to the same pressures the current lot are, and all we’ll see is a slightly more palatable version of managed decline than we have at the moment.

Nobody is prepared to govern for the long-term, every policy seems designed for short-term political gain, or to appease capital, or to to keep their internal party’s momentum going until just past the next election.

It all feels a bit bleak here atm.
There’s a lot of truth in that. Without getting political, it’s disheartening.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It’s pretty tough and harder then it was for sure. Guess that’s what happens when necessity bills are suddenly trebled and other things like food etc. But I also won’t buy into the doom and gloom shit the media are pushing & have been for a while. Trying to over egg it and panic people on the whole for me. But appreciate everyone is different. Quite tough mentally but getting there and talking when things are tough. Theres a lot of added stress and pressure for sure. Thanks for asking 👍 Feel better just writing that 😉
That last sentence summed up the point nicely. :)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We're very lucky that our club are bringing us so much joy at the moment.
I hated the weeks/months during recent seasons when we were hovering around the relegation zone.
It genuinely is an added stress that we're all very fortunate to be swerving.

Can you imagine how all those Leeds, Everton, Leicester and Forest fans are currently feeling?
(and I'm not taking the piss).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s felt like a long, dark winter. The football has been great but away from that it’s been not the easiest. Mum’s been getting treatment for cancer, seemingly caught in time and projected to make a full recovery but shaken everyone in the family up a bit. Lucky to work in a well-paid job I enjoy doing, so have been fortunately largely removed from the financial worries of many (though obviously careful). Mental health is generally holding up OK but as we all do I’m sure there are bad points, especially when there’s grim news on the telly.

As you might have guessed from previous postings on here, the username or the avatar I’m a self-confessed steam train nut, which is about to properly restart again after a hiatus since Christmas and looking forward to that, can also tell you that hobby is whatever the opposite is of catnip to the fairer sex! That’s been a bit grim, some bad vibes and rumours around several heritage railways really feeling the pinch which is a concern to me, a trifling problem I know but all adds to the soup of anxiety.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Doing OK - on decent pension arrangements but still VERY MUCH noticing increases in food prices and the like. Mrs DiS remarked in Costco yesterday that the cost of the fresh Salmon she likes to buy has near enough doubled in recent months.
Elder daughter going through a divorce at the moment - luckily it's amicable but still wearing and a tremendous shock for everyone when the son-in-law announced his intentions just before Christmas. To hear your 10 year old granddaughter say "it's like Christmas in a sewer" is quite upsetting. But things are settling down.
We've just had solar panels put on the roof - started the process before energy prices started going through the roof. Cost a lot of money but with an electric car as well we will be seeing our outgoings reducing considerably.
An elderly uncle - 90 in February - died in hospital just before Easter having been in there for about 2 months after a fall. Sad but, at the end of the day a happy release. Dementia and basically bodily functions packing up - lidney disease, liver disease and so on. Pneumonia - described as a Hospital acquired infection - carried him off in the end. Regular visits to a dementia ward in a hospital fairly depressing and the staff rushed off their feet......... but their endless patience and kindness was remarkable.

But I realise a lot of other people are having it far, far, worse. We find that shouting at the television during News and Current Affairs programmes helps.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not joyous, thankfully Mortgage paid, I was hoping for rather more dosh than it looks like I will get when I cash in Pension Pot at Christmas.

Still have second (part-time) Job at University. which will top up pension.

State Pension is a fantasy, both grandfathers and my father died before 67 so given my Family History I wont be troubling the State for long even though I have paid in to system for forty years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here