Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion?

How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion

• Bring it on, Champion’s League and Top Four here we come

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • I’d walk away

Votes: 78 25.1%
  • I wouldn’t be impressed but I am an Albion fan for life

Votes: 77 24.8%
  • I’d give it a go and decide after a season or two

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • I’d be gutted and don’t know

Votes: 128 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yeah lots of similarities, women only just been allowed to drive , thief’s get their hands chopped off , renouncing your religion means you’re likely to get stoned to death .

No legal framework for human rights , no critical press allowed of the govt, not allowed to demonstrate .

Must keep your head covered if you’re a woman of attract the attention of the modesty police who can cane you and imprison you. Criminal courts use the death penalty liberally . . I could go on and on .

EXCEPT that’s not Israel and none of that happens there so how can it possibly be on a par with Saudi Arabia unless you are heavily prejudiced or just plain stupid !
Israel is committing acts of terror on a daily basis. Just because the media and large western countries excuse that does not make it right. You'd have to be pretty stuipid, or racist, to ignore it. (Racist being that folk find it acceptable to find fault with turban/cloak etc wearing folk rather than those that look more similar).

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’d be genuinely gutted. Although to be honest, it already feels like every year more and more dubious money is being ploughed into Premier League clubs. Even at the Albion I think of all the people that have £££s of gambling debt. Of course TB is essentially beating the bookies, and could be likened to a modern day “Robin Hood”, although he doesn’t actually take back the money and give it to the poor, he ploughs it into BHA. Of course it is entitled to spend his winnings how he sees fit, but in the gambling world you can’t have winners unless you have lots of losers too. I’ve never felt very comfortable with this.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wouldn't like it at all, but I think I'd have to stick with it.

We, the fans, ARE the football club.

Literally, everything else changes - the stadium, owner, board, manager and players - they all come and go. The only constant is the fanbase. It's easier to fight the good fight from the inside, and when the fascination of having a Premier League club trinket has passed, we'd still be around to help pick up the pieces and ensure there's a club for the next generation.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'd reluctantly walk away. The Albion has been the one constant in my life and I have no idea how I'd operate without it.
But it goes against everything I believe in. I'd be more heartbroken about it happening than actually walking away.
This is where I am too. I would hope at the first mention of it we would protest like we've never protested before and make it as clear as it can be that Brighton fans would not welcome any nation state taking over our club. With a bit of luck they'd f*** right off.
If it were a choice between them and dropping down to the conference under a much less wealthy owner I'd choose the latter.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Loads of folk would be secretly happy with the spending, their moral compasses parked forever. Look at the Geordies, also Manure supporters desperate for Qatar to beat Ratcliffe. “Well, everyone else is doing it”.

I like to think that I’d call it quits for good.

Not just Arab owners, Russian mates of Putin would also disgust me.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Israel is committing acts of terror on a daily basis. Just because the media and large western countries excuse that does not make it right. You'd have to be pretty stuipid, or racist, to ignore it. (Racist being that folk find it acceptable to find fault with turban/cloak etc wearing folk rather than those that look more similar).
Usually defending their country from terrorist attacks !

I don’t find fault with what anyone wears I couldn’t care less but in Saudi if you’re a woman and you don’t wear the clothes you are expected you can get beaten or worse . That’s the type of society it is .

Perhaps you should do a bit more research about what goes on in Saudi and some of the other Middle East countries and their human rights abuses before jumping on the only democratic country in that area with a free press and a right to protest .

You also might want to take a look at the latest happiness surveys worldwide which puts Israel into the top 20 countries in the world for happiness for its population which included votes by its Arab and Christian populations living in the main parts of the country ( not disputed areas like Gaza Strip )

I don’t think any other country in the Middle East was in the top 20 .

I’m not defending Israel or saying it’s perfect , all military personnel make mistakes from time to time , look at my own country and even England have been accused of war crimes - however the big difference with Israel is that it’s permanently at war because it’s being attacked or attacks planned every day by militants .

I personally think the IDF is very restrained and targeted given what it has to deal with most of the time .

Last edited:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
IF it happened, at least the wage structure wouldn't be a glass ceiling anymore, The players we need wouldnt leave or reject us.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
all well and good saying that TB will hand over the reigns to his son, but what if his son

a) has no interest in football

and/or

b) doesn't have his fathers business acumen

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loads of folk would be secretly happy with the spending, their moral compasses parked forever. Look at the Geordies, also Manure supporters desperate for Qatar to beat Ratcliffe. “Well, everyone else is doing it”.

I like to think that I’d call it quits for good.

Not just Arab owners, Russian mates of Putin would also disgust me.
I spoke to a few United fans at Wembley and asked the question expecting most to go for Ratcliffe. Not one did, they all wanted Qatar money and a return to glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here