[Albion] How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion

• Bring it on, Champion’s League and Top Four here we come

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • I’d walk away

Votes: 78 25.1%
  • I wouldn’t be impressed but I am an Albion fan for life

Votes: 77 24.8%
  • I’d give it a go and decide after a season or two

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • I’d be gutted and don’t know

Votes: 128 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Definitely walk away. Scummy country, on a par with saudis
Yeah lots of similarities, women only just been allowed to drive , thief’s get their hands chopped off , renouncing your religion means you’re likely to get stoned to death .

No legal framework for human rights , no critical press allowed of the govt, not allowed to demonstrate .

Must keep your head covered if you’re a woman of attract the attention of the modesty police who can cane you and imprison you. Criminal courts use the death penalty liberally . . I could go on and on .

EXCEPT that’s not Israel and none of that happens there so how can it possibly be on a par with Saudi Arabia unless you are heavily prejudiced or just plain stupid !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This is also the benefit of being privately owned, just imagine if Uncle Tony floated BHAFC Ltd on the stock market, we'd all buy shares and then some wealthy dude offers us x3, x5, x7 times what we purchased them for, who'd be principled then?

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Why do you believe this to be the case? Tony has already stated he intends for his son to own the club one day.
Fast foward into the future by 20 years and things change.

Do you stand by all the decisions you made 20 years ago? I'm not saying he won't, I said its unlikely.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you stand by all the decisions you made 20 years ago? I'm not saying he won't, I said its unlikely.
Of course not. But surely the evidence we do have (lifelong fan, club runs in the family) suggests it is MORE likely he won't sell to outside of the family?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fast foward into the future by 20 years and things change.

This is the third generation of Blooms on the board, now, so it is very unlikely to be sold. His son is already an enthusiastic fan. Fourth generation incoming.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Football isn't very moralistic but the fans have an opportunity to be. Look at the way Newcastle behave and the entitlement City fans have. And let's not even get started on Chelsea. Embarrassment of a club. United next. Do you want that to be yourself? Nah. We're Brighton, we're used to being underdogs. I'd rather be bought out by Barry Fry.

I'm increasingly sceptical of the Saudi influence over our football and question what is actually going on. It almost feels like some kinda of war, using a tactic to divide and conquer to weaken our [footballing] economy. Henderson's transfer, for example, and the undoing of all his work with the LGBT+ community. Feels like that transfer was as much to smear his previous stance as it was for football. "How much for your soul, Jordan?" Also something very sinister at Chelsea, stockpiling players again. 900m in the hole in 18 months with the window yet to close. Just laundering isn't it?

We're very lucky to be where we are now, with such a shrewd, generous and caring chairperson. When the luck runs out we can say we did it legitimately (unless I've missed something).

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
The Amex is already the Mecca of football as far as I'm concerned.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Tony is about 50, a die hard fan, and the club are entering the most exciting period of their history, and doing alright in the cash department. No way will he sell up now or in the near future!
THIS.

But in the hypothetical spirit of the question, it would mean +1 on the gate at the Dripping Pan from my perspective and I say that with absolute certainty.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I woudlnt like it but following the Albion is such a huge part of my life and has been for so long there’s no way I would walk away. After everything we’ve been through it’s just unthinkable.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Which Middle Eastern country?

I'd probably walk away. I'll obviously always be an Albion fan, but what I love at the moment is that we are one of the few clubs that have an owner that is genuinely a fan of the club.

If some hideous organisation took over because they wanted a plaything, then I'd be devastated. It would stop being our town's club and be somebody else's club that happened to be based here.

I don't know. Horrible. Don't want to think about it.

I'd probably be spending more time at The Dripping Pan.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'd reluctantly walk away. The Albion has been the one constant in my life and I have no idea how I'd operate without it.
But it goes against everything I believe in. I'd be more heartbroken about it happening than actually walking away.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I would probably be more devastated about Tony leaving the club than the Middle East taking over the Albion

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This thread flies pretty to assuming that everyone from that part of the world is a murderous maniac. But i'd certainly want to know exactly who it was who was owning my club.

If TB was selling, then i'd have absolute confidence it was to the right person, so I'd just get on with it (I'm working on the premise he wouldn't sell to someone who had, for example, denounced jews whatever the financial package)

If it was happening in some other circumstance and the owner was connected to a murderous racist or homophobic state, i'd protest with everything i've got. If that failed, walk away. Surely we all would?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports