Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How was it getting into the ground today?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nice easy trip to the match and back home in the Brighton area for you then?

It is fantastic that football clubs attract such loyal supporters who live a long distance away and who make the effort to get to the match with all the cost and hassle that gives, but that doesn't give them rights to better or different treatment simply based on a postcode. Neither should a local person receive a lesser service.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Corrected for you. We are not struggling with our phones. For many of us the concept of our tickets ' dynamically ' updating to the current game is but a dream. Supporter services fiddling around with my mobile ticket since Tuesday then gave up yesterday and just assured me I would get in OK on the Watford ticket.
I've three season tickets on my phone; prior to the match yesterday 2 had Everton and one had NW as the next match.

I now have 1 Leicester, 1 Everton and 1 NW.

I'm hoping that when all 3 align I win a prize.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
ESU 2.40pm. Joined queue of c.100 that moved steadily. Advance checkers coming down the queue checked Covid pass against ID for the three of us. Tapped in easily enough using NFC then went straight to seat as GOSBTS was playing. So simple. Swerved the food queue at the kiosk on the way in though as half the kiosk had shutters down for some reason so the queue was long?!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Did she use the transfer bus that runs from the uni to the Amex coach park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. But…

I wasn’t allowed to park in that car park, nor the next one, nor the next one - so I had to drop her off to get the bus.

The bus didn’t go into the coach park. It parked up on village way. There was no drop kerb so she had to go along the road (she can’t manage steps) and into the coach park with, err, the coaches pulling in on the same road.

On the way back, the coach car park folk said that the transfer bus would pull into the coach park. It didn’t, meaning that she had to go out the main road entrance and along the road as, again, she wouldn’t have been able to negotiate the kerb.

I have told the club on multiple occasions - “she cannot manage any steps”. “Yep, she’ll be fine”. She absolutely wasn’t.

We had a spot in Bennet’s Field - no steps from car to seat. With BF having been removed after I signed her up for 5 more years, we have to have a step-free alternative, or she can’t go…

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
No issues at the ground, no covid checks to get into Dicks bar or the WSL, Only slight problems seems to be the trains, two weeks running a Brighton shuttle has been cancelled from Hove, causing severe overcrowding on some services, other that all good [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Fine. Tinkety tonk for 99% of people, but not for me, the singled out person who'd spent cash getting from
London to the ground, get treated like f****g shit at the ground and then get treated like sh*t getting from the
match.

Perhaps you should have told them about all the cash you spent ‘getting from London ?’ Alternatively, a quick ‘do you know who I am’ works a treat.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
WSL were checking everyone’s COVID pass and ID when I queued approx 2pm.
I got in quickly, queues at bars small, so pays to be in concourse early. The girl serving gave me a bottle of rose wine still with the lid on, but I’d have preferred it in a glass…..felt silly swigging wine out of a tiny bottle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nice easy trip to the match and back home in the Brighton area for you then?

Well, as you ask, yes thanks. A train from Portslade to Brighton at about 12, a few beers in the Prince of Wales. Then a Uni bus at 1.45 which dropped us off at the A27 sliproad at 2.15. A short queue to enter the WSU (with a covid check). After the game I got ponced into a 1901 lounge and watched most of the Liverpool game, before sloping off around 6.30 for a (pretty empty) train, home by about 7.15.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On my iPhone the “hold near reader” bit didn’t work last week or this week. Had to get the bar code thingy up. It wast he phone/system struggling, not me!

Never said it was you…but it’s obvious (from what I saw) that for some it’s not going smoothly :shrug:

Having learnt a little from last week I didn’t have an issue :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ESU 2.40pm. Joined queue of c.100 that moved steadily. Advance checkers coming down the queue checked Covid pass against ID for the three of us. Tapped in easily enough using NFC then went straight to seat as GOSBTS was playing. So simple. Swerved the food queue at the kiosk on the way in though as half the kiosk had shutters down for some reason so the queue was long?!

It was the same in the WSU. Staff shortages apparently, probably a load of herberts saying they've been pinged.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Corrected for you. We are not struggling with our phones. For many of us the concept of our tickets ' dynamically ' updating to the current game is but a dream. Supporter services fiddling around with my mobile ticket since Tuesday then gave up yesterday and just assured me I would get in OK on the Watford ticket.

As said I could see people were struggling to get in with using their phones as a ticket…personally no issue :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Access to the stadium itself was absolutely fine. Getting from the uni car park to the stadium with my disabled Mum was a complete nightmare and won’t remotely work for her. Unless the club sort out better arrangements for her, I’ll have to cancel her ticket (and 8 games/season hospitality).

Sorry to hear that. It's completely unacceptable by the club and I bet she's not the only disabled person who used to have a spot in BF. Step free access should be a guarantee these days.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I arrived at about 2.40. There was quite a long queue for the NS, but the entrance to WSU next to this, where I was heading, had no queue at all. I was waved through by a couple of stewards, no checks of Covid status, ID, anything.

There were signs up saying masks were mandatory, so I had mine on. I was pretty much alone in this. I felt a little uncomfortable and vulnerable, so spent no time on the concourse.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No issues at the ground, no covid checks to get into Dicks bar or the WSL, Only slight problems seems to be the trains, two weeks running a Brighton shuttle has been cancelled from Hove, causing severe overcrowding on some services, other that all good [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How were the angry hornets? Or are you saving them for today?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I've three season tickets on my phone; prior to the match yesterday 2 had Everton and one had NW as the next match.

I now have 1 Leicester, 1 Everton and 1 NW.

I'm hoping that when all 3 align I win a prize.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

We can laugh but they spent a whole week failing to try and update my ticket from Watford to Everton. Highlights being asking me to check Google settings I'd already checked 10 times over. And then assuring me all was fixed with the delightful phrase ' your Everton ticket should have now flushed down to you ".

Ultimately I did get in yesterday but I can confidently predict I will be scanning my Watford mobile ticket to get into the Leicester game. It seems that issues are pretty much spread across android and IOS and bottom line is club need to get it together with their software supplier. Totally appreciate they are under pressure but also why not put something on the website?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My Apple wallet ticket updated perfectly all on its own, and my phone connected with the turnstile perfectly. One tap, went green, I was in.

Still absolutely no check of my NHS app. Nothing. Nada.

The queue to get into the WSL at 14.40-14.45 was huge - around 10-12 times longer than last week. However, not checking the NHS apps really sped things up... Slackness facilitated expediency.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
WSU north entrance. Two stewards/volunteers moved along queue and checked I had a COVID pass but didn’t actually scan it with phone to validate. No ID check.

Kept my see through carrier bag from the shop, and staff perfectly happy as they could see inside. Should have thought of that years ago.

Ticket was fine for me this week and last week, and far fewer people struggling with the system than last week. I’d also say the ticket recognition is marginally faster than the previous smart cards, but it’s a very very small difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here