Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to get BEATEN UP at school

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Once upon a time, boys had to wear shorts until they were 14, even in winter. Going into long trousers was something to be proud of.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I would have thought that most of the others would like the outlandish rebel nature of it. I would imagine that they would become cult heroes among many.

This.

i reckon most kids would find that funny to be honest- they've got confidence i'll give them that

This.

Good for them. Well done lads :clap2:

This.

Anyway, well done lads!

And this...

Top work, chaps - highlighting a totally mean, inflexible, jobsworth attitude to safety and welfare with a bit of humour.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is it really that big a deal wearing trousers for 6 hours?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What part of that story is "feminist"? You seem to be extrapolating from a single example. If she allows girls to wear warm trousers in the winter, you may be right.

Anyway, well done lads!

http://www.longhill.org.uk/school-information/uniform/

Trousers – Girls – Black only

Only optional because girls can choose to wear the school skirt. If a girl chooses to wear trousers, these can be bought from any supplier. No patch pockets, studs, denim or jeggins.

So girls can wear trousers as well as a skirt. Even the trousers policy discriminates

Trousers – Boys – Black only Can be bought from any supplier. They must be tailored school trousers only with front crease. No patch pockets, studs, denim, jeggings or chinos (see slide 4 on acceptable examples link below)

Girls can buy their trousers from anywhere they like, boys have one option.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Is it really that big a deal wearing trousers for 6 hours?

It is when you have sweaty b@ll@cks from 8am-4pm. It's bad enough now but being a teenager with hormones is/was worse. And erections always seemed to happen near the end of assembly so trouser snakes would get noticed by other pupils when standing up. :facepalm:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's the same in the office to be honest. During this hot weather, the dress code dictates I have to wear suit type trousers and a shirt (thankfully no tie required unless meeting clients) and proper shoes, yet the ladies in the office turn up in flimsy short skirts, vest tops and flip flops.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's the same in the office to be honest. During this hot weather, the dress code dictates I have to wear suit type trousers and a shirt (thankfully no tie required unless meeting clients) and proper shoes, yet the ladies in the office turn up in flimsy short skirts, vest tops and flip flops.

Still, you've always got the weekend to get up to that sort of thing.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
http://www.longhill.org.uk/school-information/uniform/

So girls can wear trousers as well as a skirt. Even the trousers policy discriminates

Girls can buy their trousers from anywhere they like, boys have one option.

What part of this is feminist? It's been this way in schools for ages, I left school ~10 years ago and we weren't allowed to wear shorts in the summer, someschools have introduced branded tailored shorts to wear in the summer but obviously some havent. Girls have been able to wear trousers in state schools for years too.

You are calling her a **** feminist, when really she's just a jobsworth ****.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The mind boggles..You have admiration for four 14 year old boys who wear a skirt to school..FFS.......

Yup.

Or can`t we call them boys anymore??

Um, they're definitely boys.

Wearing a skirt - for whatever reason - doesn't change that.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here