Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How to beat the rail strike (Colchester and Forest)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The additional pressure on P&R on Friday can only mean Mill Road filling up extremely early I'd have thought.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see that the Bridge car park seems to have sold out, but there are some spaces at the Uni

I don't do car parks.
I'm going to play it by ear on Friday. Looks like the weathers set fair, so I'll probably walk or bike. Biking involves repairing 2 punctures first though, which is a pain in the ARSE.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't do car parks.
I'm going to play it by ear on Friday. Looks like the weathers set fair, so I'll probably walk or bike. Biking involves repairing 2 punctures first though, which is a pain in the ARSE.

Lol..you should be okay to cycle next Tuesday as well....they reckon it's going to be hot :)
You Portslade way? If you want a lift back next week I can help you out ...dump the bike in the back of my van

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lol..you should be okay to cycle next Tuesday as well....they reckon it's going to be hot :)
You Portslade way? If you want a lift back next week I can help you out ...dump the bike in the back of my van

I am indeed.

Cheers chap. My arrangements are still in flux, but I'll bear your kind offer in mind if I end up cycling next week too :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not wish to scare monger but wonder how true this is. I was at The Old Steine getting the:wink: 10.40 700 to Worthing as were a number of supporters generally talking and one said about the trains Tuesday for Rotherham being back virtually to normal. A chap them joined in and said "The club are unaware of this but there will be trains but the union intend closing Falmer station at 5pm so trains will not be able to stop" Has anybody heard this or can I disregard it and make arrangements to get to Worthing as normal.

PS sorry about thus I have just read the thread about Martin Perry and Rotherham so it seems the club are aware of it.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
You mean the bit where the club already said there would be no trains to or from falmer for the rotherham game?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Which is my concern, by the time we get from the NS to the car park we will be near the back of the queue. Round trip to Lewes station must be at least half a hour so each bus will only make two trips, unless they have loads of buses that will not be very many people.

Yes, and hope the drivers know the route, as buses are allegedly being drafted in from as far away as Bristol, as B&H Buses can't cope with the demand.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I do not wish to scare monger but wonder how true this is. I was at The Old Steine getting the:wink: 10.40 700 to Worthing as were a number of supporters generally talking and one said about the trains Tuesday for Rotherham being back virtually to normal. A chap them joined in and said "The club are unaware of this but there will be trains but the union intend closing Falmer station at 5pm so trains will not be able to stop" Has anybody heard this or can I disregard it and make arrangements to get to Worthing as normal.

PS sorry about thus I have just read the thread about Martin Perry and Rotherham so it seems the club are aware of it.

It's the union closing Falmer Station ? ???

Or someone else ? ???

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
yesterday I caught a bus from Lewes to Brighton at 17.45, it was packed, thought it was because of football, but it wasn't, it was packed all the way to Brighton .... just thought this might be of interest for Friday

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
yesterday I caught a bus from Lewes to Brighton at 17.45, it was packed, thought it was because of football, but it wasn't, it was packed all the way to Brighton .... just thought this might be of interest for Friday

I imagine most buses, wherever you are in the Brighton area, are going to be pretty busy at that time anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's the union closing Falmer Station ? ???

Or someone else ? ???

That is what the chap said but from the thread whichI hadnt seen there appears some confusion but the end result is the station is closed and so no trains stopping.

Sorry I didnt read the thread atomised but unfortunately I missed it sorry if it upset you.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

The same applies to West Coastway.The 700 bus can be packed to insanity at rush hours (an early Saturday afternoon) without a train strike on. When there are engineering works, the buses are both full and held up in traffic jams. Allow extra time, (a fan on the radio suggested an extra hour each way from Shoreham) and Gawd knows how to get back. Then there is a change for the 25 (always been full in the past) or shuttle buses.

The while West Coastway network for buses and trains runs at or over full capacity (when running normally) so it is always going to be a problem. I do not know the best way to get to the match from Shoreham, Lancing, Worthing. I reckon about a thousand extra train passengers have got to fit onto buses. Half that number that is five extra bus loads. I expect the bus companies will reckon the existing buses will absorb the extra travellers? Just like the trains do if people can be rammed in.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Nah, that'll be #SouthernFail closing the station.

Wonder if Bozza will now change the title of the thread to "How to beat Southern management incompetence" given there are still no trains post-strike - ah, won't hold my breath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here