Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How tasty is the Brighton - Falmer train going to be on the 27th???!!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Its Lewes mate, I hardly think there's going to be pubs full of nutters waiting to kick your head in (*awaits to be told otherwise). Anyway I'll be having a pint with many others at the Lansdown Arms, one of the most convenient pubs I've come across. Finish your pint, 1 minute later on the train, 10 minutes travel and at the Amex.
I have printed off the train planner 7 mins by train great news, is parking at Lewes ok? not too sure about pre match drinks though!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Palace will come down and try and take over to a certain extent, who wouldn't want a few Albion nuts to keep them inline. Would be awful if everyone was just mute and Palace had the run of the trains and outer stadium areas. We want them to feel fearful and wary
Is this the New Den or something?, That post is quite laughable really..... It's a football match not two tribes going to war.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
palace will come down and try and take over to a certain extent, who wouldn't want a few albion nuts to keep them inline. Would be awful if everyone was just mute and palace had the run of the trains and outer stadium areas. We want them to feel fearful and wary

twat

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
The London lads travelling there and back... we should get a taxi or something?

[MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION], [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION], [MENTION=639]westy[/MENTION], [MENTION=3683]butchy[/MENTION], and whoever else?

good shout but i will be heading back up with my brother and a number of other london based seagulls

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is this the New Den or something?, That post is quite laughable really..... It's a football match not two tribes going to war.

How many derbies in the uk pass off without any form of trouble ?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Palace will come down and try and take over to a certain extent, who wouldn't want a few Albion nuts to keep them inline. Would be awful if everyone was just mute and Palace had the run of the trains and outer stadium areas. We want them to feel fearful and wary

:facepalm:

TKC

Jun 16, 2011

Do we?!

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...

You've got me quaking in my boots already, Dougal. :eek:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Maybe you do, personally want to see them going back to their caravans crying in their white lightning after being taught a footballing lesson.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Am I the only one who finds all this utterly pathetic regardless of which side it comes from ?.

No, you are not the only one Uncle, but you do keep banging on about it. In a perfect world I would love there to be a raucous, volatile, tribal atmosphere inside the ground which magically gives way to love and friendship once the fans step outside of the arena. It ain't gonna happen is it?

I would rather just have to keep my wits about me on an evening like this and avoid those that do take it too far, instead of losing all that makes football so passionate. If people don't look for trouble and just use a little common sense then they will be fine. Those that claim they were an innocent victim of football violence are usually lying, stupid or a mixture of the two.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I literally can't wait until [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION] finds this thread. :lolol:
Personally, a perfect night for me would be to find that Palace had brought their "firm", they got slaughtered 6-0 on the pitch, and were then kept in "for their own personal safety" before finding they had all missed the last train back up the line thanks to the aforementioned police advice.

Mind you, I'll happily take 1-0 and their fans not being all that intimidated if you offered it now.

Aug 26, 2011

We have to keep them from not parking their caravans in the carpark somehow!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The OB need to do this sensibly. Presumably if Palace are kept in then all the bars will close in the ground, to get Albion fans home?
If not, there will be flair ups everywhere. There may be a few groups around that are not even going to the game, just there to start trouble. If they don't police it right, if could (notice I said "Could") get nasty.
I love the Amex coz fans mix before and after and can drink in eachothers stands after etc, but is this really sensible against Palace?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

If you don't think they'll be some form of trouble then you are a fool

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
You can park at Lewes station for a fiver, there's also a Tesco's about a 10 minute walk from the station, I don't know what they are like at policing their 2-hour rule.

try parking @ sussex downs colledge, down mountfield road opposte priory school loads of parking ...go over the footbridge follow the path bear left and you come out at the station saves you a fiver and is 4 mins to station and five to lansdown ...hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here