Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Stupid Are The City Council? Warning, Mention of Gollywogs.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Why should anyone have to go for equality training. First of all it a waste of money, and secondly it is a load of old bollocks.

so they understand more about equality? It might be pretty useful in politician.
But i'm with you, sod anyone with disabilities , they're all just lazy

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
First they were having to go on diversity training.
Now its called equality training.

How about consistency training first please.How am i expected to keep up.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Think I must go to these classes.....I have several stamps bearing the head of Herr Hitler,some with tanks on and some with aircraft and all have a Swastika on them.....look out...I might be looking for the Fourth Reich to start again....WORLD DOMINATION....Ha Ha ha!

You have to the chance to stop me by sending me to Diversety Awareness course...
What I'm trying to say is if someone is an inherant racist,no amount of 'special training' will change their views.
What changes peoples attitude is age....mellow as you get older.

(PS,The first thing on my list is the annihalation of Crystal Palace FC.
(Again,only joking....)

You have collectors' items there. Stamps of Hitler with a tank on his head would be worth a pfennig or two.

Winston Churchill would have disagreed with you stating that we mellow with age:

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

You are also discriminating against miserable old gits, who would not wish to be branded with the mellow brush.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was on the train from Brighton to Victoria on Saturday, going to Derby and heard this story;

White guy got on the train at East Croydon and went in first class sitting with some black people. Two black ticket inspectors came along and fined him £20 for sitting in first class without a first class ticket. He said "what about the others?", black inspector replied "it is discretionary who we fine!"

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
ah..white people deciding what is racist. Any black people on this thread?
I can assure you that black people I know would possibly shove a gollywog up your arse if presented with one.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seem to remember some sports reporter saying that Brighton fans were Nazi's as he mistook the' Seagulls' chant as Seig Heil!

That was The Sun. He didn't think Brighton fans were nazis though, he thought it was the Millwall fans chanting "Sieg Heil"

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
ah..white people deciding what is racist. Any black people on this thread?
I can assure you that black people I know would possibly shove a gollywog up your arse if presented with one.

my mate was given a golly and i cant remember him feeling the need to shove it up anyones backside

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Your mate is different from my mates then Pastafarian.....its a discussion our family had in the past, and the outcome was not....hahaha...it was fairly...well, very negative towards the subject. Maybe rastas view this sort of thing differently...but the general opinion was that they were offensive.
My main point though, is....if there was a bunch of black people on here, deciding on the emotions of white people...there would be a shit-storm.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was on the train from Brighton to Victoria on Saturday, going to Derby and heard this story;

White guy got on the train at East Croydon and went in first class sitting with some black people. Two black ticket inspectors came along and fined him £20 for sitting in first class without a first class ticket. He said "what about the others?", black inspector replied "it is discretionary who we fine!"

I feel you need to go on an equality course. The problem with your urban myth is that you rule out the scenario that the black people had tickets and had already shown their tickets to the Guard.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I feel you need to go on an equality course. The problem with your urban myth is that you rule out the scenario that the black people had tickets and had already shown their tickets to the Guard.

I think you need to read the myth again.
The statement "it is discretionary who we fine!" suggests that they didn't have tickets or he would have said that they had tickets ?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
When my lad and I went to Oz , in both Adelaide and Perth we saw a number of gift and souvenir shops that sold Golliwogs in of all shapes and sizes, and mugs, trays whatever, and nobody batted an eyelid.
Aren't there enough real problems in Brighton and Hove for the Council to tackle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here