Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How old is your Scarf?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have three.
The newest I bought on Skalak night this week
The oldest is actually a Kilmarnock scarf. Blue and white bar scarf with only white tassles.
I swapped it for my blue and white bar scarf (blue and white tassles) with a Killie fan on the train to Carlisle away in about 1984

Chrisbha1

Apr 16, 2016
I'm having trouble occupying my mind until I toddle off to catch the 1158 to Charlton on Saturday , so I started thinking about my Albion Scarf. The one I wear to games, and indeed was giving it a bit of a twirl last night when Monsieur Knockeart opened the scoring with that glorious free kick, is one my mother knitted for me in the 1970's to replace the one that she knitted for me in the early 1960's, and which our puppy had chewed to destruction! This same scarf went with me to Wembley in 1983, when a couple of Manure fans tried to mug me for it on my way out of the stadium after the replay.
Any way the question is - who on NSC can lay claim to having the oldest Albion scarf still going ?:albion2:

I still have my scarf with the Dolphins on. Wore it to the Burnley game

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bought in 1981, even Made In England

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have two bar scarves that both date from the 70s.

I spent many years not taking a scarf to games, but dug one of them out a few years back (at Withdean) and have been taking it again ever since.

The red Posh one is stored somewhere. Can't say I've seen it for a while, but it can't be far away.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My first game was against Hull in autumn on 1977, I was allowed to go as my older cousin was considered 'responsible' (he had a car). At the next game, he gave me his scarf, but it must have been fairly new as it was a 'Seagulls' scarf. Had it ever since, still take it to games. One of the few games I haven't had it was when I lent it to a girl I was keen on who took it to the cup final replay. Won't be doing that again.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
My first game was against Hull in autumn on 1977, I was allowed to go as my older cousin was considered 'responsible' (he had a car). At the next game, he gave me his scarf, but it must have been fairly new as it was a 'Seagulls' scarf. Had it ever since, still take it to games. One of the few games I haven't had it was when I lent it to a girl I was keen on who took it to the cup final replay. Won't be doing that again.

Same year as me, a 1977 birthday present, possibly bought from Woolworths, blue and white lengthways stripes (as opposed to a bar style) with 'Seagulls' across the stripes. The colours are as vivid today as they were back then, lovely and warm as well.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Well old, well from the Withdean days. It's got stains and everthing, mainly tea, little bit of ketchup too

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Old scarves are badges of honour. I note those who know the seagull flys to the left with quiet satisfaction - old skool, through thin and thin ;)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
I treated myself to new scarf for the famous Forest v Brighton league cup game in 1979 - Blue, Yellow White "Brighton & Hove Albion" bannered scarf purchase from the Goldstone "MegaStore "

My newer scarf, college type from Withdean "Mega Van Store" around 2005

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This thread makes me sad. I had a scarf my auntie knitted me when I was 5, left it in a cab on the way to the Luton JTP game. Still miss that scarf now. Worst away day ever :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here