Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How old is your motor?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A micra doing 90? Hope you have good insurance?
always giggle at small cars screaming in the fast lane...

I do have insurance, yes, so I'm legal. But why should I need some sort of 'good' insurance? I'm a good driver (clean licence - plus HGV and full motorcycle in later years - since 1967) with a very sound little car. Much better insurance risk than some super-car (BMW?....errr.... cough, cough!) snob who will suddenly develop road rage if overtaken by a Nissan Micra?

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I've got a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra, bought it after my Bora TDi snapped it's cambelt. It's had a remap and a few other bit's and pieces, barrrrpp tishhhhhh.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
My cars do not last that long.
Mondeo - 11 years old, 297, 000 miles.
Vectra 11 years old, 303, 000 miles.
Now on Passat, 6 years old just run in at 142, 000 miles. Good for a few more years yet as now down to 25k per year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've got a 22 year old Daihatsu Fourtrak (212,000 miles) which I use for towing, best car I've ever had. Never breaks down.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
10 year old Chrysler Crossfire now done 75K. Absolutely love it and with a 3.2 engine gets you out of trouble when you need a bit of acceleration.

Never had a problem with it, except wheels/tyres which being low profile are vulnerable.

Wife hints at getting rid of but is the best car I have had and resisting her wishes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bog standard 3 series Beemer estate.....about 3.5 years old (bought new, got a massive discount), gone in for service today, 33k miles, this is only the second service. Tend to keep cars for quite a while as really functional for me rather than having any real interest in them - previous had a 'family bus' Vauxhall Zafira for about 9 years, did it's job pretty well. Never had a problem with either car.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Mine is 8 years old - 2007 Audi S4 avant with 66K
Wifes is 13 yrs old - 2002 Mini Cooper with 78K on the clock !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I love my micra, it gets me from A to B, cheap to run, easier to park in my crowded street and leaves me with more money to done fun stuff rather than sit in a traffic jam where the make of your car means nothing.

My missus had one of these, cheap to run, cheap to insure, easy to park as you say and 100% reliable.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Neat little red 1991 Nissan Micra 1.0lt.
Got it off my parents elderly neighbour who had given up driving. When I picked it up it had 19,000 miles on the clock and was immaculate inside and out. 3 years later I've just cracked 32,000 and apart from a new alternator this year its still going strong. It wont win any style points, but its perfect for what I need (school run & once or twice a week to work) Easy to look after, very reliable, low insurance & low petrol costs...about £30p/m at the moment. Great little car is Rory!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here