moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Lexus IS250 premier on a 14 plate

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Had my Toyota Previa1995 M reg since 2000----50,000 miles when I bought it (London Taxi of some sorts).
Done another 115,000 miles since!
Been all over the country with my missus & four kids who are now 16 - 32.
Never let me down really in all those years.
Now failed its mot on emissions ??? FFS! £600 to put right:eek: - time to get rid now I think :cry:

Just had to scrap my 1998 Polo, due to rust and suspension issues, would have cost more to repair than car was
worth. Sad to get rid of after 125,000 miles.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife bought a new Kia Picanto in June 14 being over 70 and her approaching 70 that will see us through for the rest of our driving life. Incidentally I believe when your licence runs out on reaching 70 it should need an eye test to re issue not just fill in a form, even possibly a basic safety driving test.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
11years old, 60k miles, possibly the best car I will ever own.

Had brand new, top of the range motorcycles, maxxed them out and had the time of my life. My car is quick, not as quick as the bikes but so much more enjoyable, it has actually slowed me down. Comfortable, spacious enough if not a family car, full leather, loads of extras, but up for sale very, very soon as need to start offloading things. Car to keep if I am honest but life moves on......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just roughly calculated that I've had (together with the wife) 25+ cars and done about 1,000,000 miles over the last 35 years. Never had anything more than a few years old, but looking at buying a 15 year old car sometime over the next year when I find the right one. I've decided an e-type is really impractical so am going for something a bit newer :wink:

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Have had a MWB/MHR 2003 Transit (In Blue..) since 2006. Bought from Blackbushe auctions for £4600+vat with 175k miles on it.

When i got the docs, it had FFSH and a new short engine at 165k.. result..!

Now with 215,000 miles, and going strong. :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
16 year old Nissan Micra 998cc. 140K bought it ten years ago with 25K on the clock as a write off. Just doesn't seem to want to stop, still does 90 on the motorway - might struggle to do the ton again....................

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Got a 2006 Focus ST. Bought it 18 months ago. I thought the modding days were behind me but I haven't been able to resist the urge and am very close to getting it to 320bhp.

Hasn't missed a beat mechanically but suffering with idiots in car parks scratching it
:censored::censored::censored::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Iv'e been quoted £83.00 to take her away------I thought they were talking about the wife :moo:

There's a charity called 'giveacar' or somesuch who will take your old car away for free and either auction it off or scrap it. They will then give the proceeds to the charity of your choice. A few years ago I gave my old Rover to them and asked for the money to be given to the charity that I happened to be working for at the time. I was quite interested in all the blurb that my then employers sent me in return!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Less than a year. Sold my beloved car last year (registered 2008) because she was becoming expensive to mend.

really? what on earth was that, that couldnt even see out a decade?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
7 year old Golf GTi 60 odd k miles, full leather DSG gearbox, flappy paddles gear change, climate control, cruise control, all the toys and awesome to drive, but need to speed aware as it accelerates very quickly and sits at high speeds at low revs. Great all round car.
But the van on other van is 14 years old with 150k but very reliable.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Wife bought a new Kia Picanto in June 14 being over 70 and her approaching 70 that will see us through for the rest of our driving life. Incidentally I believe when your licence runs out on reaching 70 it should need an eye test to re issue not just fill in a form, even possibly a basic safety driving test.

can you get 2 people in a picanto? My wife has a Kia Rio and I consider that small but fantastic cars (KIA) she had a Sportage up to 2014, I wish my work would give KIA as company cars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here