Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How "must win" is the Sheffield United game?

How much of a must win is the Sheffield United game?

• 1 - the result doesn't really matter

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 3.6%

Votes: 12 5.4%

Votes: 15 6.7%

Votes: 29 12.9%

Votes: 59 26.3%

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • 10 - We *MUST* win

Votes: 73 32.6%

• Total voters

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Definitely 10. Even if it is early in the season and we can pick up points elsewhere it doesn't bode well if we can't beat a team that only has 1 point so far at this stage of the season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nor will I, as I will be driving to Barrow and taking my 86-year old father-in-law to his GP for his covid vaccine jab. Which I think fits your analogy neatly.

Bravo! Delighted for you and him :thumbsup:

It was part of my point, although I have an aversion to silly polls (you may have noticed) and 50% of my reply was pure facetiousness.

That said I did forego the Brighton game a few days ago so my old pal could watch his beloved Liverpool in my company (and via my laptop and Amazon account). I'm all heart :wink:

put it this way - lose and we could be second bottom on new years day - Fulham and Burnley both picking up points. That alone makes it a "almost must" win game so i gave a 9

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
People rating this as a must win 10.

Your rating system is highly flawed.

Ok.

So going by that, what would you rate a game on last day of the season where we had to win to stay up? THAT is must win.

Tomorrow we can draw, quite easily. No doubt people will be hysterical here, but we can draw tomorrow and still stay up.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Definitely 10. Even if it is early in the season and we can pick up points elsewhere it doesn't bode well if we can't beat a team that only has 1 point so far at this stage of the season.

Well surely everyone will say that... and surely Sheff Utd won’t be on 1pt all season. There going to get a few wins somewhere.

Again, this is not “definitely a 10” must win.

A 10 must win would be win or you’re relegated.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
6. If you look at the expected points so far of some of the lower teams, they have some tough games to come.

We have a deeper squad than all of the bottom four as well as, arguably, Newcastle, Palace and Leeds. Even more arguably Villa and West Ham, although their first teams are strong. We’ll get stronger as the season goes on and as Lallana, Wellbeck, White, Lamptey, Sanchez and Alzate get up to speed. Also, we’re learning zonal marking and improving at doing that quite quickly.

The vast changes being made tactically and personnel-wise will eventually reap rewards. I have no doubt about Potter’s brilliant influence. I can’t prove it yet but he’s f###ing ace.

I think we’ll win by a small margin. This will be the start of some form. But what do I know? Potter has lost the dressing room, apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
8 Eight

These are the type of games we must aim to win.

Both teams are basically so low on confidence that any further lowering of them tomorrow will see one of us drop off the proverbial cliff edge

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We have a terrible record when low table teams come to the Amex.

Time to get the "haven't won at the Amex this season" monkey off our backs.

It'll be psychologically damaging if we fail to win, so for me.... "must win"

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I think it might be more of a must win for potter than the team.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am really dreading watching this match.

I not only want us to win, I want us to win brilliantly.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Too early to say "must win"...wait until Easter..
But of course it is important that we start winning, not as a one off game but regularly. This one, and others coming up may be considered six pointers. So yes , please oblige, Mr P.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here