Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much were you bricking it in the closing stages?

How much were you bricking it in the closing stages?

• Total voters

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Heavy bricking it from this correspondent. Everyone's legs (and arse) just seemed to go at the same time.

Was happy we were going to win but was convinced we were going to pick up 3 suspensions, I’ve bought tickets to that shit taxpayer stadium I want us to be competitive!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When they sang 'is this the Emirates?' after their second when: a) over half of their fans left at 4-0; b) they'd been pretty much silent up to that point for about an hour of the game; c) the atmosphere had been good throughout from the North but understandably was suddenly a bit stunned at what had happened out of nowhere 😅
You couldn’t have said my thoughts anymore there. Baffling. Hadn’t even heard their Southampton song they’ve adopted til half their fans had gone - like Newcastle fans did, trying to save face after being silent most of the game 🤣

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Was a game for neutrals to enjoy for sure couldve ended 4-4, 6-2, 5-5, 3-3, 7-4 any bizare combination. We put our chances away they didnt and JS made some excellent saves and we rode some luck. I think that sums it up!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Slightly nervy but offset it by laughing at the Spurs fans who left at 4-0 and didn’t see their goals.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
You couldn’t have said my thoughts anymore there. Baffling. Hadn’t even heard their Southampton song they’ve adopted til half their fans had gone - like Newcastle fans did, trying to save face after being silent most of the game 🤣
Ah yes - 'look at us mental Geordies with our tops off' for the last 5 mins or so after being silent for most of the game

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was fine all the time Dunk didn't have the ball at his feet. His passing tonight was bloody awful.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think a bit of panic set in on the pitch and in the stands , However, a two goal cushion is nice and had Spurs made it 4-3 then it would have been unbearable to potentially throw away 2 points as we were in total control and deserved our 4 goal lead (should have been more)

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
One minute I'm looking for 5-0. All of a sudden, I'm praying for a 4-3 at least.
That was similar to me. Went into the game feeling an over confident 2-1. 2 goals up I say to Jnr this could be a 5 nil whitewash. 4 goals up I start to think about the odds & If I'd have put £1 on it (I bet on the National and that's it). Then they scored & I immediately was reminded why I don't gamble. I kept giving myself cramp for the last 10 mins by curling my toes through tension. On another thread about ST renewals, someone said we were boring to watch so they were deliberating about the renewal. I can only advise them not to renew & spend their money on fairground rides that you can see what the ride will be like in advance. (y)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was at a good 7 until 99 mins were on the clock and we had a goal kick. Even with the ref adding 1-2 mins for Dunk’s cramp, there was definitely no time to score 2 by then.

Heart-in-mouth moment when they hit the post and we were sitting directly behind he Spurs player it rebounded to who looked like he had an open goal to aim at.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Junior Orange seemed in a mild state of panic for those last twenty minutes... perhaps he blamed himself for jinxing it by commenting that it always finishes 4 something with us... just before the Spuds got their first!

😂

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It was definitely squeaky bum time!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
EDIT

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
10. brilliant performance for the most part but i cannot quite believe how we contrived to give them two shitty goals when they had offered next to nothing for the other 80 mins. realistically, they were never going to score two more in 10 mins, but what i was thinking, and the reason i was very uncomfortable, was that if anyone could possibly surrender a four goal lead after 75 mins, it’s probably us, through sheer idiocy. two awful goals conceded. defence has to be the area addressed, either in january or the summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here