Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much were you bricking it in the closing stages?

How much were you bricking it in the closing stages?

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If spurs had come back from 4 down that would have been only the second time in epl history !!

Never in doubt. A third I may have picked slightly.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Added peril for me…

IMG_3070.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
One minute I'm looking for 5-0. All of a sudden, I'm praying for a 4-3 at least.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I went for 4, a bit concerned but more annoyed we lost our clean sheet and reduced our goal difference by 2.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not in the slightest. For whatever reason, Spurs left it far too late to start playing. I thought they normally did it the other way around and knackered themselves out BY 70 mins.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Some people near me were concerned throughout the game. We took the lead on 11 minutes, went 2-0 up in the 23rd minute, and from then on we never had less than a 2 goal cushion. They couldn't understand, at all, why you would bring on your first choice left back in place of a centre back playing as your makeshift third choice left back, when 2-0 up. Not sure the goal shut them up. (Yes, I'm aware there was an injury issue for Igor, too, but that wasn't known at the time, and even though that is the reason, easing a player returning from injury into the team when you're 2-0 up isn't really a perplexing action). They were terrified whenever we didn't have the ball despite the evidence of the Spurs performance before we took the lead. It was quite frustrating. I genuinely think they did not enjoy today's game at all. They can't have. Not with all the moaning they did.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Was OK till they hit the post to go 4-3, went up to 5 then... if that had gone in would've gone up to 10! Christ that was a mad last 20

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
Some people near me were concerned throughout the game. We took the lead on 11 minutes, went 2-0 up in the 23rd minute, and from then on we never had less than a 2 goal cushion. They couldn't understand, at all, why you would bring on your first choice left back in place of a centre back playing as your makeshift third choice left back, when 2-0 up. Not sure the goal shut them up. (Yes, I'm aware there was an injury issue for Igor, too, but that wasn't known at the time, and even though that is the reason, easing a player returning from injury into the team when you're 2-0 up isn't really a perplexing action). They were terrified whenever we didn't have the ball despite the evidence of the Spurs performance before we took the lead. It was quite frustrating. I genuinely think they did not enjoy today's game at all. They can't have. Not with all the moaning they did.
Where do you sit? Could have been me but don’t think I was that coval

Cacked my pants throughout the game. At 4-0 I felt safe but then we shipped two and it all felt familiar

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always needed a 3+ goal cushion in that game. Two sides who were going for it and playing attacking football throughout. Refreshing but got a bit nervy at the end - the away end was bounc… oh

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yep, I have followed this club too long. Full 10 for me after they pulled it back to 4-2 and we sat deep whilst looking absolutely knackered.

But what a night, what a game, what a goal from Pervis, what defending, and what mind blowing one touch passing before the Spurs comeback.

Did I imagine it or did the ref give just about every decision to Spurs in the last 15 mins?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Always needed a 3+ goal cushion in that game. Two sides who were going for it and playing attacking football throughout. Refreshing but got a bit nervy at the end - the away end was bounc… oh
When they sang 'is this the Emirates?' after their second when: a) over half of their fans left at 4-0; b) they'd been pretty much silent up to that point for about an hour of the game; c) the atmosphere had been good throughout from the North but understandably was suddenly a bit stunned at what had happened out of nowhere 😅

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here