Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much of a Music Snob / Nerd Are You?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to agree.
And it is all about those tips. For example and slightly off topic- I have not got a clue who I will be watching on the Thursday and Saturday of The Great Escape yet but will be basing it purely on NSC recommendations.

My tip for Thursday will be Green Door Store for East India Youth and the rather excellent Grumbling Fur. Both artists I have paid money to see in their own right.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You checked off 9 out of 100 on this list!
There is no doubt that you’re waaaay into music, but you’re not TOTALLY intense about it. Like, you probably have other interests and a well-rounded life. There’s no shame in that! :)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My tip for Thursday will be Green Door Store for East India Youth and the rather excellent Grumbling Fur. Both artists I have paid money to see in their own right.

Thanks.

I have seen East India Youth and well worth seeing again.
Grumbling Fur I have not but I did see their album was Pitchfork's Number One release for 2013 so will check them out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
:lolol:

To be fair this is now the main reason I use this site. I got fed up with the football threads some time ago and I've now got bored with the tedious circular political threads with the same idiots reciting the same nonsense (see the current March For England thread). And the NSC music community have provided me with some excellent tips over the years.

Yes, I agree. Music and cycling threads for me.

I used to get involved in the political ones, but what a waste of time that is. When the Teachers Strike was on I couldn't even bring myself to log in to NSC, as I knew that my already high levels of stress (being a teacher) would be raised through the roof.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
50 would have been more but for the mp3 stuff which I dislike hugely, music needs to be either live or in a physical state. There is much fun to be had looking at the art work, and knowing how many albums that Liza Strike is credited as a backing singer., and so on.

Now off to listen to a Gruppo Sportivo album

I only got 28 but I'm going to reveal my inner music nerd here by disagreeing with you. Why? Music should be about the music and nothing else. Low quality mp3s fine, you have a point. But art work and info/lyrics etc. are purely secondary to the music.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
You checked off 4 out of 100 on this list!

There is no doubt that you’re waaaay into music, but you’re not TOTALLY intense about it. Like, you probably have other interests and a well-rounded life. There’s no shame in that!

Wrong on almost every count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here