Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is Dunk worth?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
People need to realise how young Dunk is.....5 years ago, everytime I saw El-Abd's name near the team sheet, I cried! People need to get a grip and realise how much potential this kid has, and get this season out of the way. And start fresh next year

I agree. Although at the present I am not Dunk's biggest fan, as with most central defenders, time and experience are great things. I would expect his gameplay to improve dramatically over the next few years.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
43237d1323198845-htc-faces-possible-import-ban-december-googles-android-could-next-drevil.jpg

Or was that Zaha :shrug:

Young English defender who is now proven at this level, £500k would be a steal, worth at least twice that

£1.2m

Proven? Are you having a laugh?

The only thing he's proved is he can't do keepy uppy for shit and when under pressure will make rash decisions.

£750k MAX for a club willing to take a MASSIVE gamble.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I agree with most of what has been said. £750k to £1m sounds about right.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Chelsea were certainly looking at him, spoke to a scout on the train before a game last season. Said he didn't rate him to be fair though

Dec 29, 2011
Makes you wonder how much of his potential will be wasted by being at Brighton. The club clearly struggle to develop youth/young players and the new training ground can't come quickly enough, it's definitely the final piece of the puzzle to make us into a top class club but at the moment I worry that JFC and Dunk won't fulfil the potential they have shown so far.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He needs to play along side another quality centre back to learn the ropes. He could be worth a huge amount one day but currently £1mil would be reasonable

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I think Dunk is a bit of a lightweight and gets pushed around far too easily; he can't handle a strong, physical centre forward. I'm sure he will improve, but it's premature to say he's 'proven' at this level. Premiership? Not yet, but there is potential there.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dunk isn't very good currently. Should have sold him last season. To think some of us were saying '5 million' :lolol:

I hope he proves me wrong!
Just maybe the court case is affecting his mind eh?

Dec 29, 2011
Most defenders come into their prime at about 28, still seven years to learn his trade and I feel he will go all the way and play at a top level team one day.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Get real people. He cant even get in the Brighton team. £150k.

D

Deleted member 18477

Just maybe the court case is affecting his mind eh?

I hope it's just that. He was looking like a real talent first half of last season. Even got an under 21 England call up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here