Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much extra are you willing to pay for your season ticket?

How much extra are you prepared to pay?

• Nothing

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Up to 5% extra

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • Up to 10% extra

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Up to 20% extra

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Up to 50% extra

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Whatever it takes

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm in the nothing crew as well. If we were to get promotion, I accept there would be an increase, and I would stomach up to about 10-15% maximum, though it it was nearer the higher figure, I would expect substantial investment in the playing squad, with no excuses about FFP. If we stay in the Championship, I will be very reluctant to pay more. Midweek games (which I think we have far too many of - we used to have far fewer at the Goldstone and probably at Withdean) are an absolute pain to get to from London anyway, and the experience with the jobsworth bus driver after the Watford game (and let's not return to the issue of whether he was right to refuse people trying to get on his bus) only added to the annoyance. I would probably go to most of the Saturday games, though I could of course be flexible, but hardly any of the midweek ones.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If we went up to the prem I'd get a Home & Away season ticket whatever the cost, all it would mean is that Mrs Soprano would have to work longer hours and a few night shifts

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I did not renew my season this year not because of the charge but lack of entertaining football,we had a period of drawn games due to playing possession in our own half, I was not ready to turn up for another match in three days, also the failure to sign another striker, I now will attend when the opposition is in the top half of the table and we have a full strength side, another reason was the number of games not played on Saturday afternoons, its good to feel you are in control concerning attendances and I am very satisfied that on our performances this season I made the right choice.
Regarding higher charges being acceptable should we ever gain promotion,talk to Palace fans I dont think they are of that opinion.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I did not renew my season this year not because of the charge but lack of entertaining football,we had a period of drawn games due to playing possession in our own half, I was not ready to turn up for another match in three days, also the failure to sign another striker, I now will attend when the opposition is in the top half of the table and we have a full strength side, another reason was the number of games not played on Saturday afternoons, its good to feel you are in control concerning attendances and I am very satisfied that on our performances this season I made the right choice.
Regarding higher charges being acceptable should we ever gain promotion,talk to Palace fans I dont think they are of that opinion.

You are a prime example of a fair weather fan then if the prices wasn't an issue for you.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Whatever, i don't care $$$$ :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could they just scrap the travel subsidy altogether and leave the price as it is or is it a part of the ongoing licence for use of the ground and as such must remain due to lack of parking etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could they just scrap the travel subsidy altogether and leave the price as it is or is it a part of the ongoing licence for use of the ground and as such must remain due to lack of parking etc.

Would Southern ever put on extra / longer trains if they didn't get the cash lump sum from the club ( which clearly costs in the extras ) ? Maybe they'd just say 'tough, normal service' no matter that people were paying them directly.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Surely the prices for next season will be judged on this season's financial performance, which include all the cost cutting and additional revenue from shirt sponsorships, pie eating etc? This season's rises were partly justified on last season's losses as we have known for months that last season's loss would be 8m+ again.

And why does everyone assume that prices will go up enormously if/when we are promoted? TB is a huge fan and knows how much supporters are shelling out - he may use some of the TV revenue to keep prices the same or even drop them, to fill the ground. Who knows?

Surely the prices for next season will be judged on this season's financial performance, which include all the cost cutting and additional revenue from shirt sponsorships, pie eating etc? This season's rises were partly justified on last season's losses as we have known for months that last season's loss would be 8m+ again.

And why does everyone assume that prices will go up enormously if/when we are promoted? TB is a huge fan and knows how much supporters are shelling out - he may use some of the TV revenue to keep prices the same or even drop them, to fill the ground. Who knows?

:facepalm: I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE SUN TOO LONG,THEY WILL CRANK AS MUCH AS THEY CAN OUT OF THEIR CUSTOMER BASE.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
According to westdene seagull the club don't look at such a pathetic website or value the fans opinions

I'm really not sure what I said to wind you up so much - I said neither of those things !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I think the problem will be ( as it is now ) players wages. I'd imagine the amount we will need to pay even an average premiership player will be considerably more than we pay now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the problem will be ( as it is now ) players wages. I'd imagine the amount we will need to pay even an average premiership player will be considerably more than we pay now.

The blow would be softened considerably by the money we'd get for being in the PL.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Nothing at all, we pay enough for what is served up already, I should imagine a further increase would mean further empty seats, that can't be what Bloom or Barber would want, surely?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
:facepalm: I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE SUN TOO LONG,THEY WILL CRANK AS MUCH AS THEY CAN OUT OF THEIR CUSTOMER BASE.

Not quite - they will get what they can under the basic laws of supply and demand. Demand has not gone down yet, so they have no justification for dropping prices.

BUT, I would not put it beyond TB to come up with some scheme to reward loyal season ticket holders, once promoted.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My main determining factor is petrol cost rather than ticket price. I spend around £70 per game on fuel alone.
At the moment I am assuming that when my current club membership expires I will have to give it up as we will be in the EPL by then with inevitable price rises. Hopefully I will still manage a basic ST.
1901 is ridiculously underpriced as it stands which is why the caterers have problems - the wrong demographic has bought in to the concept - people who dont want and maybe cant afford a "prawn sandwich" experience. The lounges are full of real fans!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm not sure anyone is assuming they will go up enormously but I think it is widely accepted that they will go up. That assumption comes from the season ticket renewal process for this season where we were told the prices were for Championship football but may change if the club was promoted. That we were told people could cancel their season tickets if we were promoted and they could no longer afford their season ticket tells you all you need to know about which direction the prices were going to move in.

Not quite - they will get what they can under the basic laws of supply and demand. Demand has not gone down yet, so they have no justification for dropping prices.

BUT, I would not put it beyond TB to come up with some scheme to reward loyal season ticket holders, once promoted.

Premier football would bring in demand for 30,000+ season tickets and away support could take between 2,000 and 8,000 if available. IE MAN UTD,CHELSEA,ARSENAL,LIVERPOOL,SPURS,MAN CITY COULD ALL HAVE BEEN 40,000+ SO DEMAND WOULD WELL OUTSTRIP SUPPLY??? Opportunity to put prices up,you bet:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

1. Supply > Demand (c4000 unsold home seats per game).

2. Prices have been dropped (numerous special offers so far this season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here