Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much extra are you willing to pay for your season ticket?

How much extra are you prepared to pay?

• Nothing

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Up to 5% extra

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • Up to 10% extra

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Up to 20% extra

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Up to 50% extra

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Whatever it takes

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm not sure anyone is assuming they will go up enormously but I think it is widely accepted that they will go up. That assumption comes from the season ticket renewal process for this season where we were told the prices were for Championship football but may change if the club was promoted. That we were told people could cancel their season tickets if we were promoted and they could no longer afford their season ticket tells you all you need to know about which direction the prices were going to move in.

1. Supply > Demand (c4000 unsold home seats per game).

2. Prices have been dropped (numerous special offers so far this season).

Yup, fair enough - had forgotten about the "ïf promoted" caviat!

Strange that there is supposedly a season ticket waiting list, but there are unsold seats at individual matches. That does not make much sense.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Strange that there is supposedly a season ticket waiting list, but there are unsold seats at individual matches. That does not make much sense.

I think it does, kinda...

1. Generate the perception of scarceness.
2. Administrative ease of only selling season tickets at certain times - having everyone on the same payment cycle etc.
3. Sought after areas are sold out - family stand, middle of the North, front/central of WSU - it's a case of having to wait for people to relinquish their seats.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think it does, kinda...

1. Generate the perception of scarceness.
2. Administrative ease of only selling season tickets at certain times - having everyone on the same payment cycle etc.
3. Sought after areas are sold out - family stand, middle of the North, front/central of WSU - it's a case of having to wait for people to relinquish their seats.

So can we assume then that this waiting list is made up mainly of those who want the better seats and not those that will sit anywhere? WHich may change, of course, once promoted.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone who puts anything other than zero is publicly asking for a price rise. It's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
we had several thousand on the waiting list pre season but how many more s/t holders did we actually get this season??? spin?

From what I recall, this sum seemed to pretty much work out at the time:

2012/13 season ticket holders - non-renewals + new season ticket holders = 2013/14 season ticket holders

...but I'm not looking for a sensationalist moan like you.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I actually think the club should be commended for not cashing in on as many season tickets as they can but instead leaving a decent number of seats available on a match by match basis - many of which will be used for the deals to attract new fans or help those who can't afford to come regularly or rely on price deals.

It might leave some people on a season ticket waiting list, but it also allows people who cannot afford that to still attend.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If we end up in the Premiership next season I would expect it and wouldn't have a problem with say an extra 20% rise but until we do and judging on what we have spent on actual players and what other clubs who I consider less financialy stable than us have spent in the last three seasons, and a lot of them more than us then I wouldn't be too chuffed !!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Could they just scrap the travel subsidy altogether and leave the price as it is or is it a part of the ongoing licence for use of the ground and as such must remain due to lack of parking etc.

Can you imagine the carnage at all stations if people had to buy their tickets and then prove purchase at Falmer Station? It's simply unworkable.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
depends what size the crowds going to be ??? taking things for granted ???
regards
DR

Could Falmer even cope with a couple of thousand fans turning up, staggered over an hour, checking everyone has paid?

Obviously one could man every ticket point at all the stations in the locality (as they don't at the moment) for the commencement of the journey. There is simply not the capacity to sell tickets on the day to the demand.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Given how much they have gone up over the last few seasons, NOTHING.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally I could probably afford a small to medium increase but there is most definitely a limit when I have to ask if its worth it for 90 minutes football. The increase for this season nearly did it and I can't see my self going to renew with another increase. An increase for less football in the Premier League (if achieved) would also probably result in me dropping the season ticket and going to the cheaper games, I go to watch Brighton not whoever they are playing.
I very much doubt the club would care though as I'm sure someone would jump into the seat.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Whatever it takes - but then I am in the fortunate position to be a millionaire

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Could Falmer even cope with a couple of thousand fans turning up, staggered over an hour, checking everyone has paid?

Obviously one could man every ticket point at all the stations in the locality (as they don't at the moment) for the commencement of the journey. There is simply not the capacity to sell tickets on the day to the demand.

Would be no different to the rush hour on the tube etc in London, people would just have to turn up earlier to buy their tickets and queue for the trains

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here