How much do you spend on the albion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Each match i get a programme and 2 lotto tickets, thats all. Get an occasional pie though. Only really buy stuff in the shop if its on offer or if i need to get someone i know a present, if they are a fan of course.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
£40+ on ST. A programme, 2 hat trick tickets, pie and pint plus another 4 pints per match and another pint after so I'm in for a good £30 per game. I started it last season and I daren't not change it now, it's become my ritual. I don't want to spend any more if I can help it.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
2 season tickets and £25 - £30 every home game on pies and beer. They have the choice. I don't mind them putting season tickets up by £25 - £30 a home game as it'll mean I won't spend any money at the ground, catch 22. But if the club only make a small % out of beer and pies then it'll be in their interest to ramp up season tickets?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Paul Barber will read this, he has his finger on the pulse and I've gained a lot of respect for him. His column in the programme is always well thought out and written and the open letter to fans recently was very good.

The problem is when times are good STH's are more of a financial nuisance than a bonus.

I'm sure PB's equivalent at Old Trafford would love to do without theirs and open it up on a first come first served basis.

£50+ a ticket, guaranteed sell out, and the Megastore would be wiped out every game, as people flew in from god knows where spending all their savings.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
two season tickets then 4 hot drinks and a programme plus a pie and a packet of sweets is a spend per game of around £17. Add the odd purchase from the shop maybe averaging £5 or a bit more a game and parking at £6.

Total roughly £65 to £70 every home game then double that to account for petrol costs - with odds and ends I guess it is costing me around £150 a game of which the club gets about half. Living in the midlands the average away game costs me significantly less but then who wants to give (too much) money to the opposition :lolol:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Do you want to fund the club intro the prem which will mean increases season upon season or do you want to maintain prices and remain a good championship side.

If someone wants to start a poll then feel free but I think most would opt for the latter. I know I would.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
3 ST (1 under 18), 1 programme, 2 hat-trick tickets, 2 pies, 2 diet Pepsi, 2 – 3 Harvey’s is our normal. Travel use the S/H buses so included. Occasional wine if wife wants something different

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
'Customers' probably spend what they can afford to at the moment, I go. Think it is harsh to expect 'customers' to spend more in this climate. Fine balance I know, but cant expect too much from the customer

Do you want to fund the club intro the prem which will mean increases season upon season or do you want to maintain prices and remain a good championship side.

If someone wants to start a poll then feel free but I think most would opt for the latter. I know I would.
The point is an increase in prices does not always become an increase in income,IF THE FOOD WAS CHEAPER I WOULD SPEND MORE MONEY,IF MY SEASON TICKET WENT UP TOO MUCH I WOULD JACK IT IN. WOULD I RATHER PAY ANOTHER 50% AND WATCH US GET TONKED EACH WEEK IN THE PREM? WELL NO NOT REALLY,HAVING WATCHED THE ALBION FOR 42 YEARS THE BEST YEARS WERE CERTAINLY NOT IN THE TOP FLIGHT.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Triggers Twin is spot on those who are finding present charges difficult would be priced out if we were promoted,far better the Championship where we should be able to maintain a top half of the table position, if the club increase prices too much then with the extra seats available it would be cheaper to buy tickets on the basis of how well the team is playing,results and who the opponents are.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Was spending 50p a week on the monday argus but thanks to interenet nothing

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
£43.36 per month for season tickets for me and my girl in Family Stand. So annually:

£520 for them, plus £20 roughly per match for Pie & Pint, Another Pint, Kids Meal, Programme, Sweets for daughter and a lotto. So on a pure match day bases of tickets and food etc £1000.

Then the kids have the shirts, toys, calenders, leisure wear etc etc etc So prob nearer £1400. Thats not taking into account the away games and travel.
Ple
Looking at it like that makes you realise how much your spending, maybe I will be cutting out a pint and a programme from now on.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The problem is when times are good STH's are more of a financial nuisance than a bonus.

I'm sure PB's equivalent at Old Trafford would love to do without theirs and open it up on a first come first served basis.

£50+ a ticket, guaranteed sell out, and the Megastore would be wiped out every game, as people flew in from god knows where spending all their savings.

Careful Stat, as I said, he reads this!...

I do fear for Direct Debits next season, it can't be too good for the clubs cashflow but then again it is guaranteed income every month rather than a big pot of cash at the start of the season. What are other peoples opinions on it? I need to pay by DD really and so do a lot of the people I know with an ST. Does anyone know the stats on how many pay by DD?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
The point is an increase in prices does not always become an increase in income,IF THE FOOD WAS CHEAPER I WOULD SPEND MORE MONEY,IF MY SEASON TICKET WENT UP TOO MUCH I WOULD JACK IT IN. WOULD I RATHER PAY ANOTHER 50% AND WATCH US GET TONKED EACH WEEK IN THE PREM? WELL NO NOT REALLY,HAVING WATCHED THE ALBION FOR 42 YEARS THE BEST YEARS WERE CERTAINLY NOT IN THE TOP FLIGHT.

My point exactly. Why CAPITALS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Careful Stat, as I said, he reads this!...

I do fear for Direct Debits next season, it can't be too good for the clubs cashflow but then again it is guaranteed income every month rather than a big pot of cash at the start of the season. What are other peoples opinions on it? I need to pay by DD really and so do a lot of the people I know with an ST. Does anyone know the stats on how many pay by DD?
I need to DD as well.
I'm just not the person TB needs at the club, we pay a reduced entry, we like pies, and I like a pint.
The Jnr's do well on b/day, Christmas and sale time, but that's it.
I would spend more if I had it, and I do spend when I've got it.
But friends have gone to one off games and walked out with sackfuls of clobbers.
I'd say the reason behind this is because what TB has provided is fookin brilliant, and people get caught up in the moment.

I'm not really saying anything that isn't simple economics.

The problem would come, when they good times stop rolling and they are stuck with a 30k+ stadium and nobody in it, because they have alienated all their 'local' support.
How many at Blackburn/Bolton/Leeds et al.

T'is a fine line.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I need to DD as well.
I'm just not the person TB needs at the club, we pay a reduced entry, we like pies, and I like a pint.
The Jnr's do well on b/day, Christmas and sale time, but that's it.
I would spend more if I had it, and I do spend when I've got it.
But friends have gone to one off games and walked out with sackfuls of clobbers.
I'd say the reason behind this is because what TB has provided is fookin brilliant, and people get caught up in the moment.

I'm not really saying anything that isn't simple economics.

The problem would come, when they good times stop rolling and they are stuck with a 30k+ stadium and nobody in it, because they have alienated all their 'local' support.
How many at Blackburn/Bolton/Leeds et al.

T'is a fine line.

Personally, I don't ever think about it. I spend what I want to on what I want to buy, I had a pie AND a burger yesterday! Little bonus for the club! :thumbsup:

The club will never forget where we've been, and who has got us this far. Let's not pretend the fans didn't keep the club going during the Withdean era, and let's also not pretend we didn't have good times there. Obviously, the money men at the club put in the necessary to keep us afloat but there was only the interest in doing that because of the support we were still generating. There was never any doubt we'd sell the 20k capacity we started with last season. And then no doubt we'd be selling 25k this season. Obviously the Newcastle prices were a shock, but there were a lot of factors in the attendance for that one which weren't all ticket price related.

The club respect the fans, and I think so long as they keep us onside (as much as they should have to, anyway...) by publicising things like the FFP rules and how they'll affect the decision making at the club, we'll keep the respect for them. It is a fine line, but it's about small consistent efforts. Things like having the [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] on the forum might seem a small gesture, but that's a big gesture in my opinion and significant. Having the Chief Executive taking such an active and apparently genuine interest on what gets said on here as well is important. I'll say it again for people who may have missed it, when Barber first came to the club I was cynical and very dubious about the impact he would have. I made disparaging comments on here about the impact he was going to have, and I was totally wrong. Once again, I apologise to him. Through his programme notes, he has changed my opinion completely and I've got a lot of time for what he's trying to do here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports