Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How much did your last MOT cost you in total

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's an old convertible, and when I bought it Mrs Wz took a look and said 'it wasn't practical'.

2 seats, 4 litres, 8 cylinders, how much more practical can you get :shrug:

XK8/R?

Mines probably going to the scrap heap, 1995 XKR. Needs new sills and a ton of welding doing as well as a ton of other work. Had it 10 years 80k miles. 😭

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
£200 including the MOT on the work vehicle not bad as it gets a hammering each year, had to change a coil spring and a couple of other minor bits. My mechanic is as cheap as chips an old Irish guy who is the size of a dwarf and I’ve never seen him not covered in oil 🤣

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Just got it done yesterday. £49.95 sailed through no issues, no advisories. When you consider I run the thing all over the country following the Albion a great result.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
An MOT costs a statutory maximum of about £55. I think I paid £49. Most of the responses here seem to be saying what they had to pay for servicing and repairs. For my last MOT I asked for a full service at the same time which was around £300. If you fail the MOT your bill could be sky high but the MOT itself should always be around £50.
Yes, I expect most people have an annual service and MOT at the same time. Saves two trips to the garage and both have to be done anyway. MOT test is the cheap bit. It's the annual service and additional bits of work that are needed to keep the vehicle going safely that cost the money.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Last one cost me £635. Full exhaust from downpipe to back needed including cat.

One before cost almost £1k. Complete change of discs and pads and a bucket load on a boost leak causing engine management lights aplenty.

It's 17 years old. We've just remortgaged😬 and borrowed a bit more to get me a new car come January. But my MOT is on 13th December.........

I'm dreading it. Every time I get to my destination I breathe a sigh of relief that I've made it.

Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.
Still cheaper than the depreciation on a newer one. But if you feel you can't rely on it then that's not enough reason for keeping it, especially with smart sodding motorways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here