Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How much did your last MOT cost you in total

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Were you lucky enough not to need any work?

Mine came out at £355 for a Fiat 500, upside, if there is one, is that it ended up as a clean MOT with no advisories. Not bad for a 2009 car :smile:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
69 plate

Had to have two new tyres which one was found to be a run flat that ATS had fitted but swore blind they hadn’t even thought that tyre was the only one replaced by a non bmw garage. Therefore it needed replacing even though there was bugger all wrong with it.

£300 all in

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I just came to say that I hate driving, I hate the motor industry, I hate car insurance, I hate it all.

Really wish that public transport was good enough so I wouldn’t need a car but where I live we get about 10 busses a day 5 going in each direction on a single route.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
About £350 on the car that gets used all the time, £300 on Mrs Wz's (including annual service) and £54.85 on my mid life crisis.

Who'd have thunk it ? It appears the more expensive the car, the cheaper the MOT :wink:

(Mileage conditions MAY NOT apply in calculation)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
About £350 on the car that gets used all the time, £300 on Mrs Wz's (including annual service) and £54.85 on my mid life crisis.

Who'd have thunk it ? It appears the more expensive the car, the cheaper the MOT :wink:

(Mileage conditions MAY NOT apply in calculation)
Do tell, what is the mid life crisis car? :smile:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It's an old convertible, and when I bought it Mrs Wz took a look and said 'it wasn't practical'.

2 seats, 4 litres, 8 cylinders, how much more practical can you get :shrug:
Nice :smile:

IMG_0040.jpeg

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
£67 mot and service special deal. I did spend £170 on a couple of tyres prior to that. Not three bad for a 21 year old car

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
£335 but I paid for a full service as well. In addition to this , two brake pads and an anti rolling bar needed replacing - another £435.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
about 350 with a new exhaust, which had been sounding a bit off for years.

usually something to bring it to 3-400 range.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just the cost of the test. 40-something. I have a 7 year old Kadjar.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
£54.85, no work needed about a month ago (first mot). Annoyingly, computer now saying a couple of service issues are due so will be back in again. X3 wankpanzer fishingmobile.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I just came to say that I hate driving, I hate the motor industry, I hate car insurance, I hate it all.

Really wish that public transport was good enough so I wouldn’t need a car but where I live we get about 10 busses a day 5 going in each direction on a single route.
So the car is more convenient than any other form of transport available to you? So you choose to use the car. But you hate all service providers connected with it and the actual action of getting to your destination in the most convenient way?

Righty ho………

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Last one cost me £635. Full exhaust from downpipe to back needed including cat.

One before cost almost £1k. Complete change of discs and pads and a bucket load on a boost leak causing engine management lights aplenty.

It's 17 years old. We've just remortgaged😬 and borrowed a bit more to get me a new car come January. But my MOT is on 13th December.........

I'm dreading it. Every time I get to my destination I breathe a sigh of relief that I've made it.

Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here