[Albion] How much better was that?!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
People said that last season. Only Wolves stayed up.

It's a fair point, but would you not think that sheff utd, Norwich and whoever wins the play offs would cause more bother to prem clubs teams than hudd, Cardiff and Fulham have?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
clearly. You finish where you deserve to over a season. We got pretty lucky this season. We won't get so lucky next season if things don't change imo. The teams coming up will be a lot better than the three that have gone down.

I suspect people say this every season. Wolves and Fulham looked pretty strong when they came up. Fulham’s spending was a statement of intent but went very badly wrong. Wolves had a strong squad, wealth and ‘connections’ when it comes to recruitment. Cardiff were expected to drop from day one.

There’s no suggestion that Norwich have significant funds to invest into their squad. They have done brilliantly this season but we know the PL is a huge step up. Norwich have a leaky defence; one of the worst as a winner (56 goals against) in recent years. Sheffield Utd, again done brilliantly, but have progressed very swiftly. Is their squad strong enough? There is also an ownership battle about to hit the courts this week so not great for club stability and recruitment of new players.

I would be worried if Villa gain promotion. They have a pretty good squad and very wealthy backers to fund additional players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a fair point, but would you not think that sheff utd, Norwich and whoever wins the play offs would cause more bother to prem clubs teams than hudd, Cardiff and Fulham have?

Norwich can't even organise an open top bus ride to celebrate. :lolol:

[tweet]1125437218363990016[/tweet]

Who knows? When we were in the Championship, every August somebody posted it was going to be even harder than the season before.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Who knows? When we were in the Championship, every August somebody posted it was going to be even harder than the season before.

At the moment, I'm just pleased that we will get to find out. I'm hoping for some decent investment. We will see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It’s a sign, if they don’t park the bus they’ll be back in the Championship double quick

I am really interested in how their fans react to either being thrashed or being forced to live the CH experience again :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports