Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much better was that?!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But the problem is, he has proven he won't take off the shackles, which is why so many want him to go. We have a mid table squad, we have a bottom five manager.
Was he a bottom five manager when we were mid-table?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Was he a bottom five manager when we were mid-table?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

over the course of the season, clearly, yes.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On the basis that we normally get beat by the biggest clubs away, I hope that result might at least bring a shift in emphasis. Maybe we can set up to trouble them, and revert to the damage limitation approach if we go a couple of goals down. We'd have to accept there'd be little choice chasing the game in that situation, but it would be a lot more fun to watch and even if it paid off only once or twice, that would be an improvement.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We did alright today but it’s ridiculous to suggest that performance was proof we’d have done much better if we’d gone for it all season. We don’t have the quality.

Won't be popular for saying this but thought Arsenal were very poor. Bar their front two who we did brilliant against they had a mid table team out at best.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Andone's decision making and execution were both awful. He had two chances to score or set up the winning goal and screwed up both times.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Andone's decision making and execution were both awful. He had two chances to score or set up the winning goal and screwed up both times.

I'm really trying to just think of the very many positives today. I thought we were great across the board. Ryan back to his best, quality back 4 performance, Stephen and Bissouma very good etc, and despite everything being so positive I just have to agree that AJ and Andone aren't up to it. Still back to the positives, we are a decent side and suffered from the stress as we got near the drop. Optimistic for next season with a few (maybe more than that!) quality additions, especially with attacking pace and gal scoring ability

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We need at least 2/3 new first team 11 players in the summer

Splash the cash and replace all the dross, like Ryan (too short), Dunk and Duffy (distribution poor), March and Knockaert (inconsistent), Stevens (Mr sideways), Bernado and Bissouma (pacy, but can they defend? ???), Gross (always injured), Bong (too smelly), Propper (always away on international duty), Montoya (anonymous) Kayal and Andone (too agressive), Murray and Bruno (too old). The rest, who nobody will want to buy, we keep. Now they have gone down, we could buy all Fulham's recent singings on the cheap - that'll work a treat. Yes, top plan.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
So much easier when we don’t need the points innit? Great to see how the team plays with the shackles off.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm really trying to just think of the very many positives today. I thought we were great across the board. Ryan back to his best, quality back 4 performance, Stephen and Bissouma very good etc, and despite everything being so positive I just have to agree that AJ and Andone aren't up to it. Still back to the positives, we are a decent side and suffered from the stress as we got near the drop. Optimistic for next season with a few (maybe more than that!) quality additions, especially with attacking pace and gal scoring ability

Andone isn’t world class and never will be but he adds energy, and that’s badly needed in this team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems CH is staying so the first objective will be to finish above Norwich :smile:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
If only we could play each game without pressure.
Tbf though: we’ve consistently raised our level against the top sides this season. Chelsea away excluded.
The side that started the second half is, I believe, our best team. Sorry Davy but there it is

There was little pressure at home to Bournemouth, knowing that a win at home to Cardiff in the following game should of been.
But we didn't turn up, and got hammered. We were under pressure at home to Cardiff because of that. And we still did not play like it was the most important game.

It was utter shite.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It could just be me and my increasing cynicism, but. . . . The result, penalities etc, all good, a fair result, and I agree, a revelation to see us have a go,away from home. And succeed, to a point.

however . . . . .we got a few lucky breaks, nothing odd there, Arse missed some or loads etc, and we hung in their . . . .great defence, but . . .we had 2 clear breaks at the end, Andone failed to pass to Gross, with 1/4 of a pitch to himself . . .initially I thought the defender was lucky/did well to intercept, but it was just a shockingly bad pass. . . . Almost like it was on purpose. . . Second one, Andone was away . . . . I've not seen us break like that with as many attackers as defenders in the PL. Rather than an obvious, easy and decisive forward pass and possible winner in injury time, Andone stopped, and passed out with a Dale Stephens. And game over. Anyone would think there was big money,on a draw. . . Is it all a fix this season??

We scored against a top six club away from home, when was the last time we even looked like doing it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Top performance but its a hell of a lot easier when the opposition have a dodgy defence and only really know how to attack.

Not taking anything away from our performance but we could not do that against the other top 6 sides except maybe Utd who also have a dodgy defence.

OK, so we can do that to 4 of the top 6, then. That means at the end of next season we ought to be looking forward to Europa league football!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It could just be me and my increasing cynicism, but. . . . The result, penalities etc, all good, a fair result, and I agree, a revelation to see us have a go,away from home. And succeed, to a point.

however . . . . .we got a few lucky breaks, nothing odd there, Arse missed some or loads etc, and we hung in their . . . .great defence, but . . .we had 2 clear breaks at the end, Andone failed to pass to Gross, with 1/4 of a pitch to himself . . .initially I thought the defender was lucky/did well to intercept, but it was just a shockingly bad pass. . . . Almost like it was on purpose. . . Second one, Andone was away . . . . I've not seen us break like that with as many attackers as defenders in the PL. Rather than an obvious, easy and decisive forward pass and possible winner in injury time, Andone stopped, and passed out with a Dale Stephens. And game over. Anyone would think there was big money,on a draw. . . Is it all a fix this season??

FFS man. Better to hang on to the ball with 15 seconds to go than to attempt something daring and see the gooners sprint up the other end and score.

My guess is Andone's was one of the first hands CH shook after the whistle. A damned sight better bet than they all had five shillings on a draw. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here