Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how much admin charge to move season ticket........£25.00 what a rip off

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree, my conclusion is the ones who aren't bothered are earning quite a bit of money and so it doesn't bother them. Does the club charge you if you move your ST to a more expensive area of the ground? So would you have to pay for the privilege of actually paying more for your ticket?

Finally, the thing that really annoys me is people claim "prices need to go up to cover FFP", but when we reach the Premier League are prices going to be lowered accordingly? I highly doubt it. All about the £££'s.

Why is it unreasonable that the club is trying to maximise its income? It's easy to complain when it's someone else having to underwrite an annual debt of 5-8m. Let's not forget that TB is effectively subsidising each seat at the Amex to the tune of about £200 a year right now, and that doesn't even touch the 120m it cost to build.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are you going to change seats every season then. If not then the £25 is just a one off which could be spread over the time you spend in your new seat! Out of interest, what is the reason you are changing the seats as this hasn't been mentioned?

Have the stewards politely told the group they are being too noisy and have a dedicated CCTV trained on them ???

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
Tony Bloom attending a fans forum in stockings and suspenders, carrying a giant Orville the Duck, that would surprise me.

I can understand a £25 fee for one ST move, but think it should be capped at the same amount if a group of people move.

We have to pay £225 for our group to move. It's sickening, what will it actually cost them?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Why is it unreasonable that the club is trying to maximise its income? It's easy to complain when it's someone else having to underwrite an annual debt of 5-8m. Let's not forget that TB is effectively subsidising each seat at the Amex to the tune of about £200 a year right now, and that doesn't even touch the 120m it cost to build.

Totally agree. Just another excuse to have a moan at the club in my opinion.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

TB isn't subsidising each seat at all - certainly not to the tune of £8M - you might just as well claim he is subsidising each parking space by £4,000 a year or each 1901 membership by £2,600 a year etc.

TB is key to keeping the club afloat for which I am certainly grateful but that is not justification for the club to charge unwarranted amounts for a service - it may be justifiable to charge £25 for a seat change but if it is then I would say that ticketing costs is an area that PB should revisit as there are obviously further cost savings to be made.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was told that NO AMOUNT of money would be able to get my season ticket moved. I offered to make a donation to the club and or the REMF. I was told NO.

Why then was l allowed to move my seat (without charge), and u weren't?, is it down to the discretion of the person you talk to, as to whether or not they charge?, or whether he can be bothered to do it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Most businesses desire to maximise there income.. but also have to consider there customers in the meantime.,maybe a person should be allowed one free move and then a reasonable admin fee thereafter..I made an error re my bank account last week which resulted in an admin fee..without asking they refunded it in the basis it hadn't happened before.. I've had my chance and if it occurs again I expect to b charged.. but appreciate there common sense

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given the operating costs are paid for by the club regardless of how many people ask to move £25 per ticket does seem extreme. They use software that allows them to update records in a few minutes and then issue updated cards. Let's say 4 tickets take 15 minutes - there is no way their costs come to £100 per hour. Rip off Albion - welcome to corporate football.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Errr, not sure of the point you're making! Is that the reason they want to move then, because it's too noisy where they are?

Just pointing out that in certain parts of WSL if you make a noise supporting the team you'll stand out like a sore thumb.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Given the operating costs are paid for by the club regardless of how many people ask to move £25 per ticket does seem extreme. They use software that allows them to update records in a few minutes and then issue updated cards. Let's say 4 tickets take 15 minutes - there is no way their costs come to £100 per hour. Rip off Albion - welcome to corporate football.

Cal, it what you want however it is a business now as opposed to the touchy feely crap at Withdean.

Everything was always going to change and cost more or perhaps the Amex should never have been built ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Cal, it what you want however it is a business now as opposed to the touchy feely crap at Withdean.

Everything was always going to change and cost more or perhaps the Amex should never have been built ?

Or maybe they should charge the real cost of changing a ticket - not some inflated cost ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Or maybe they should charge the real cost of changing a ticket - not some inflated cost ?

Why should they not make a mark up on a service the customer has specified they want

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Are you going to change seats every season then. If not then the £25 is just a one off which could be spread over the time you spend in your new seat! Out of interest, what is the reason you are changing the seats as this hasn't been mentioned?

No intention of changing every season, just want to be in a particular section of the North... the seats are empty and we see it as a better view point. Nothing sinister and certainly nothing that warrants a £100 surcharge.

Drew, I do understand your point of view but its very much like if you book a table at a restaurant, would they charge you to change seats? Most probably not unless you're at a michelin star restaurant... we're far from the finished product of a United or Liverpool where they probably have the demand and credibility to charge higher fees. We should be embracing the fact that fans want to have a better overall product whilst making it far easier for them to ascertain it. Slapping charges on for the sake of it, isn't right imho.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I wonder if this year they might give us more than a week or two between releasing season ticket prices and us renewing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Obviously this doesn't apply to their mean and nasty decision to impose a transport levy because you're too tight to pay it, what with your free rail.

£50 a SEASON is far too much to bear, but a £25 one-off charge to simply move seats is perfectly reasonable? You're a joke.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Obviously this doesn't apply to their mean and nasty decision to impose a transport levy because you're too tight to pay it, what with your free rail.

£50 a SEASON is far too much to bear, but a £25 one-off charge to simply move seats is perfectly reasonable? You're a joke.

The Groovy Gang has arrived, suggest an anger management course as I feel your love.

Just out of interest are you vertically challenged or something similar that causes this anger ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The Groovy Gang has arrived, suggest an anger management course as I feel your love.

Just out of interest are you vertically challenged or something similar that causes this anger ?

Why shouldn't the club make money out of the travel sub ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Anger management? I'm just pointing out what an absolute tight arsed hypocritical tool you are and having a chuckle about it. Incidentally, gang would suggest more than one person. It's just me for the minute isn't it? Although you're probably right, I'm sure there are others who would agree with me in considering you a total nob.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why should they not make a mark up on a service the customer has specified they want

They would still be making a mark up on it if they charged £10.

Ticket office member of staff cost £6.50 P/H this will not take a full hour to process no more than a couple of minutes.

Cost of new card? hard to speculate but no more than £5.00 I would find it hard to believe they cost more than a £1.00 each.

so for something that works out around £5/£6 and takes 2-3 mins work a £4/£5 mark up is still pretty decent money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here